Newbie here so sorry if i didnt seasrch far enough.

I have caught my Storm rebooting all by itself a couple of times this week. both times I was in a low signal area ( the basement) and the device was trying to send an email reply.

Its fairly stock config. I have had it about 3 or 4 weeks.

right now my application memory free space is 33MB
    v. 4.7.0.148

Is this common?
    Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

TIA
    Z
    09-18-09 10:22 AM
    not to me. Have you tried updating your prl or maybe resending your service books? I had low signal problems and resending the books fixed it. No reboots though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 12:06 PM
    every once in a while my storm does that as well. im not sure why. but it never really affects me...just kind of annoying.
    09-18-09 03:58 PM
    Newbie here so sorry if i didnt seasrch far enough.

I have caught my Storm rebooting all by itself a couple of times this week. both times I was in a low signal area ( the basement) and the device was trying to send an email reply.

Its fairly stock config. I have had it about 3 or 4 weeks.

right now my application memory free space is 33MB
    v. 4.7.0.148

Is this common?
    Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

TIA
    Z

There are a good number of leaked OS'es out there that would probably fix the issue. I think .148 is the most current official, but there are builds for a few different 4.7.x builds that are higher than .148 and then there are two different 5.x builds and one shady 5.0.0.230 one. I say shady because it wasn't leaked as the other ones have been as an official RIM leak. Before you start installing things or whatever, try one of the leaked versions and see if one suits you. Be aware if you go to a 5.x version, you'll get hooked on the flick scrolling and other new features, so you've been warned.
    09-18-09 04:42 PM
    there are a good number of leaked os'es out there that would probably fix the issue. I think .148 is the most current official, but there are builds for a few different 4.7.x builds that are higher than .148 and then there are two different 5.x builds and one shady 5.0.0.230 one. I say shady because it wasn't leaked as the other ones have been as an official rim leak. before you start installing things or whatever, try one of the leaked versions and see if one suits you. Be aware if you go to a 5.x version, you'll get hooked on the flick scrolling and other new features, so you've been warned.
    whats wrong with flick scroll?
    V.5.0.0.328 and still reboots on its own
    11-03-09 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD