I thought I would balance out the reviews and comments on here regarding the Storm 1. I have had the phone for 6 months now and I have to say it does everything it says on the tin. Providing you are running the latest operating system software that has had a clean install v5.0.0.451 for Vodafone UK and the like.
    I have never has the phone stop responding with this version and the phone seems fast at browsing and day to day business management. I run a small company with constant phone calls and emails and texts throughout the day and night, the phone copes better than anything else I have had before.
    It does lack the appealing asthetics of the iphone, but this is a serious phone not a toy, it just does exactly what its supposed to do and it does it well.
    For those having memory problems, don't run unnecessary background programs or fill it with crap !
    02-03-10 02:17 AM
    I couldn't agree more. I have been running a Storm for a couple of months now, and the other day moved to .451 and the bulk of the little niggles I had (not show stoppers, just niggles) have gone.

I use my phone as a combo business/personal...so there is quite a lot of "crap" on it, but the Storm performs brilliantly.

I always wonder if I am just lucky sometimes...
    02-03-10 03:09 AM
    i definitely agree with OP as well.

I bought a storm 1 9530 to experiment with and did a full wipe on a 4.7 os platform and was definitely annoyed within 5 minutes and the simple nuances of operating the storm. then i put the verizon released os 5 on their and wow, i was really impressed with the devices responsiveness and usability.

In fact, I would venture to say it was more of a delightful experience and much more responsive than the iphone 2g and the 3g. It felt about on par with a 3gs in terms of responsiveness. Its too bad that the iphones app list is so vast and that the os was about a year too late, otherwise i'd venture to guess that the storm could have probably gone toe to toe with the iphone.

Why does rim allow crap to be released? in fact, rim lately, has been having a bit of a microsoft problem. There crappy and painful to use releases have left a bad taste in the users mouth that they can't simply forget and have the users running full speed towards the competitors.
    02-03-10 04:50 AM
    Its too bad that the iphones app list is so vast and that the os was about a year too late, otherwise i'd venture to guess that the storm could have probably gone toe to toe with the iphone.
    02-03-10 05:34 AM
    I couldn't agree more. I have been running a Storm for a couple of months now, and the other day moved to .451 and the bulk of the little niggles I had (not show stoppers, just niggles) have gone.

I use my phone as a combo business/personal...so there is quite a lot of "crap" on it, but the Storm performs brilliantly.

I always wonder if I am just lucky sometimes...
    You might not want to use "niggles" anymore. I don't know where your from or why you would think that is an acceptable slang term, but it sounds really bad. Especially seeing as your definition of niggle is that it hinders or annoys. Sounds really bad. Don't teach your kids this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 08:47 AM
    umm...lol?

Thank you for advising me on the language choices for my kids. For the record, I am English, from Liverpool, UK and I would suggest that you may be being a tad over-pc here..

niggle
    1599 (implied in niggling), possibly from a Scand. source (cf. Norw. dial. nigla "be busy with trifles"), perhaps related to source of niggard.
    Source: Dictionary.com

Cheers
    02-03-10 08:55 AM
    umm...lol?

Thank you for advising me on the language choices for my kids. For the record, I am English, from Liverpool, UK and I would suggest that you may be being a tad over-pc here..

Source: Dictionary.com

Cheers
    Well, then, its a darn good thing your name isn't Nigel! The fur would have really flown then!
    02-03-10 09:35 AM
    Crackberry family counciling and dialect preparation

02-03-10 10:06 AM
    Thanks for the post jkspoff.

It's refreshing to read a post other than a complaint about the phone. I've had mine for about 6 months as well and I'm enjoying the phone more each day.
    02-03-10 10:33 AM
    Yeah, I lucked out on a 9530 for 60 bucks, case a little scratched and was tossing a software error. I wiped it and loaded the .451 Hybrid and it is a great phone, a lot of fun to use, looks amazing and is quick. Good back up/2nd phone to my Bold2.
    02-03-10 10:34 PM
    Agreed. I have had my Storm1 for over a year now and just upgraded to .451 and it is rather ridiculous the amount of difference it is. Its like a new phone! OS 4.7 had me Quickpulling more than 3 or 4 times a day, which was an annoyance but I got over it and was happy with it. NOW......well now the phone just works and it is freaking awesome. All is well. No memory issues at all. I still Quickpull every once in a while out of habit though. :P
    02-03-10 11:13 PM
    I was ready to drive over my storm yesterday with my car as it was crashing all the time and completely died when I tried to back up my phone before wiping it clean. Then I gave it a night to rest and wiped it, reinstalled the newest version OS and it works great! It's faster, smoother, and handling my demands with ease I love it and am so glad it came through for me in the end

Thanks to all of you for the guidance and support provided in the forums, I've been a snooper and without you I would have gone to an iphone
    02-03-10 11:31 PM
    I totally agree with the OP. Originally i was going to upgrade to the droid (since my contract is up) but due to some family issues with changing plans around, its easier if i just wait. Well due to my good ol' curve finally giving up on me after about 2 years, I bought my buddie's old storm 1 and i love it. installed the newest OS and i'm blown away. I dont see why it got the bad rap that it has.
    02-04-10 01:01 AM
    I also love his post. Have had my phone for over a year and the only problem I had was a cracked screen which was my fault, but got another one and I load the 5.0 OS in it and I haven't had a problem. Would never go back to 4.7.

02-04-10 04:18 AM
    I loaded .419 and didn't like a few things about it. The big one for me was the battery life was not as long. What has been the experience of others with this? Also the lines on the text message screen were hard to deal with. I went back to .328. I have the .451 hybrid but haven't put it in try because it seems to just be an install over .419 and has some of the same issues. Doing more research on it.

02-04-10 05:16 AM
    .451 is a good overall upgrade/update from .419...give it a try and if you don't like it roll back to .419
    02-04-10 06:57 AM
    You might not want to use "niggles" anymore. I don't know where your from or why you would think that is an acceptable slang term, but it sounds really bad. Especially seeing as your definition of niggle is that it hinders or annoys. Sounds really bad. Don't teach your kids this.

You're a moron. Go back to school or at least buy a dictionary.

02-04-10 07:02 AM
    is the task app included in .451? had it on my 9530 and went back to .419 worked fine fror 6 hours then it slowed down and wouldnt come back with a dozen battery pulls... im willin to toss it in again with some changes.. but i need my "task" app
    02-04-10 07:08 AM
    Last edited by WJF84; 08-29-10 at 05:35 AM.
    02-04-10 01:13 PM
    I wonder if masterpiecefinishes realizes what the Brit slang for cigarettes is...that would make his head explode.
    02-04-10 09:25 PM
    Can i please have help as I installed this os and now my bb maps is missing. With the apploader install i chose the option to keep my bb maps is there a way i could install it without trying to reinstall os cause it might be my installer that isnt fully working?
    02-04-10 10:55 PM
    ignore my last post once i turned on radio all my icons were pushed
    02-04-10 11:04 PM
    I wonder if masterpiecefinishes realizes what the Brit slang for cigarettes is...that would make his head explode.
    What's even better is the "entire phrase" of asking someone for a cigarette in Brit slang. That would really surprise him. lol
    02-04-10 11:09 PM
    lolz....
    02-05-10 01:10 AM
    What's even better is the "entire phrase" of asking someone for a cigarette in Brit slang. That would really surprise him. lol
    From being Canadian (and therefore more exposed to Brit media) and watching my beloved Top Gear (Jeremy Clarkson FTW) the phrase "Do you fancy" immediately rocketed through my brain.
    02-05-10 08:45 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD