624 is the maximum allowable. Also, it's not so much the speed of the processor. It's the Architecture of the entire design that matters.
    10-12-08 07:02 AM
    624 is the maximum allowable. Also, it's not so much the speed of the processor. It's the Architecture of the entire design that matters.
    Hear Hear ..... Well said !!!!!
    10-12-08 07:38 AM
    won't be able to run any big games because of that ****ty 128mb ram
    The iPhone only has 128MB Ram as well. What you probably mean is the Storm will only have 128MB FLASH. Flash and RAM are completly different. 128MB of flash does definatly put a limit on the amount you can store although there is the 1GB internal MMC as well.
    10-12-08 11:31 AM
    If u go to that PDA comparer site which I posted above it lists the RAM at 192
    10-12-08 12:37 PM
    What is the processor speed of the Curve? Because if it is faster than that, I will be fine
    10-12-08 12:41 PM
    We may/will argue forever, unless RIM post on their web site the exact chipset they used .( or until someone crack open his new device )...

If you look at pdadb.org, they list the 9530 to have 192 MB Ram ( RIM says 128 ) they also says 624 MHZ Marverll CPU - while RIM says 528 MHZ and does not mention the CPU, and finally, PDADB also says Preliminary specifications ...

( oh .. and for the Iphone 8GB they say ... ROM;capacity: 7.8 GiB RAM_capacity: 128 MiB and for the Iphone 16G ROM_capacity: 15.6 GiB RAM;capacity: 128 MiB -- ROM ?!? are we sure ?? )
    So I guess we have a lot of speculations, confusions and mistakes ...

You may want to read this very small article ...

San Diego Telecom Industry: Verizon picks BlackBerry over gPhone

and in the PC Magazine review of the 9530 BlackBerry Storm 9530 - Full Review - Reviews by PC Magazine
    One can read "The Storm is the first EV-DO Rev A high-speed device from RIM, and the first phone we've seen with a new Qualcomm chipset that supports EV-DO Rev A, high-speed HSDPA on the foreign 2,100-MHz band, and quad-band global EDGE"

Who is right, I have no clue ...
    But this lead me to believe that the9530 is using the Qualcomm chipset and quite powerfull

For info here is the spec of the msm7200A :: DatasheetPro :: View MSM7200A datasheet :: QUALCOMM Incorporated :: MSM7200ATM Chipset Solution (26811950270)
    One can read "Integrated 528 MHz ARM11™ applications processor and 256 MHz ARM9™ microprocessor deliver
    accelerated applications processing and simultaneous modem processing; the dual-core implementation provides hardware-based security domains
    " .. Does that ring a bell ?

and look at the graphic spec too

Have a great week end ....
    Last edited by Briard; 10-12-08 at 02:13 PM.
    10-12-08 01:41 PM
    So.... in regards to this goldy oldy topic... who of you feel that the laggyness of the phone could be due to the kind of not so fast cpu in this puppy instead of "just" the OS being the culprit? Are there any more devices out there with the same CPU? How do they perform for their purpose?
    01-20-09 07:03 PM
    mine has no laggyness
    01-20-09 07:35 PM
    Thanks for the link soba1; I've spent a couple of days trying to find a review where this information was stated (haven't been able to locate it).

The US Storm 9530 has the 528mhz processor - the reason that you might have heard that it has more than one processor is because of the pair of ARM chips built in for specific tasks. The 9500 has the Marvell apparently, although it is difficult to find out if this is true, or a rumour that has got out of hand.

As for the 192 mb of memory showing up on PDAdb, I'm not sure. They are either confusing their specs with the Touch Diamond and/or HTC G1, or the Storm follows their path. There was a bit of confusion in the UK when the MDA Compact IV (T-Mobile's Touch Diamond) came out, as the Diamond lists 192 mb of ram, whilst the MDA was listing 128, but this was due to the MDA packaging leaving off the 64 mb of ram that the device devotes to video acceleration. If the Storm has 64 mb for video acceleration, that would be nice.
    01-21-09 09:41 AM
    It would indeed be nice to have an up to date spec sheet AND something to compare it to in terms of processing power etc.
    01-21-09 01:11 PM
    It would indeed be nice to have an up to date spec sheet AND something to compare it to in terms of processing power etc.
    ***Agree***
    01-21-09 01:36 PM
    01-21-09 01:47 PM
    mine has no laggyness
    What do you mean by this? If you hold your Storm side by side to a Bold, and press the trackball or screen on the Calendar at the same time, does the Calendar show up at the same time on both devices?

What OS are you running?

I am still on .75, so if the new OS's improved this, I will be very happy....cause it's not close between my Storm and a Bold.
    01-21-09 01:55 PM
    So whats the actual speed of the Storm processor..? 528Mhz or 624Mhz ??
    10-15-09 05:24 AM
    Wow, this got resurrected from the "Post Graveyard". lol, jk

Not sure though!
    10-15-09 06:37 AM
    well yeah, but it seems there are a lot of phones that have some cool stuff, but no one phone that's totally kickin' rad, ya know? like you see iphones and storms and HTC devices and find some weird drawback and its like, "well who thought that was a good idea"? It'd be nice to have one ridiculous baller-*** phone. i'd pay top dollar for it. I was hoping this phone would phase out my ipod touch entirely, but it won't. so it goes...
    I'm telling you if somebody combined the iPhone and the Storm together like iPhone chips with storm click screen and blackberry buttons, iphone os with blackberry features and multitasking, it would pwn all other phones in the existence of the world...... time to start my own phone company
    10-15-09 07:41 AM
    I'm telling you if somebody combined the iPhone and the Storm together like iPhone chips with storm click screen and blackberry buttons, iphone os with blackberry features and multitasking, it would pwn all other phones in the existence of the world...... time to start my own phone company
    Palm beat you to it

(except for the click screen, which I'm not sure is a "feature")
    10-15-09 07:44 AM
    Palm beat you to it

(except for the click screen, which I'm not sure is a "feature")
    palm is garbage.
    10-15-09 08:16 AM
    Hmmmm... I like the HD2 and that snapdragon.. And WM6.5 looks mighty appealing. But then again there's the droid coming too vzw soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 01:30 PM
    Wow, this got resurrected from the "Post Graveyard". lol, jk

Not sure though!
    At least he didn't start a new thread!
    10-15-09 02:31 PM
    At least he didn't start a new thread!
    This is true, finally someone used the sites "search" feature...lol
    Last edited by JoelTruckerDude; 10-15-09 at 04:52 PM.
    10-15-09 04:45 PM
    Hmmmm... I like the HD2 and that snapdragon.. And WM6.5 looks mighty appealing. But then again there's the droid coming too vzw soon.

10-15-09 06:50 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD