Anyone having problems with the storm? First it's really slow and secondly mine shuts down whenever it feels like it and also reboots as it wants. It happens for no reason. Is my phone defective?
    12-14-08 06:01 PM
    Which software version are you running? If you haven't updated to the new 4.7.0.75 software, then you may want to consider it. The new update definitely smooths out most of the bugs and speed problems that the orig. software had. I think we all will probably have to deal with a few reboot problems, no matter what software we run. Kind of the nature of the beast for these devices. But so far, so good with mine. Only one reboot since i got it on release date.
    12-14-08 06:09 PM
    the speed on mine......frankly, i havent noticed any slower or faster, i have been fine with that since day 1 (knock wood). My random rebooting problem started as soon as as i updated it. I was seriously considering exchanging it until i started reading about Storm owners receiving new units with the same problem. Sooooo, what im going to do is keep mine (I love it except for the rebooting) and just hope the next update fixes it.
    12-14-08 06:22 PM
    i have the same issue
    no visible difference between .65 and .78 OS's (i got the 9500) and it still randomly just dies, like 3-4 times a day, meaning i have to take out the battery, or it just reboots by itself. why didnt i just get the iphone i dont know...
    12-14-08 06:34 PM
    I have had the problem a few times, but it seems better now.

However, I am noticing that my new storm's screen lights up every 30 seconds or so even when i have it locked. Does anyone know what's up with this, and how to fix it? I'm sure it is affecting my battery life.

By the way, this is happening even after the .75 update I performed right when I received the phone. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Ezeakiel; 12-14-08 at 06:54 PM.
    12-14-08 06:38 PM
    yeah this went away for me with .75
    12-14-08 06:49 PM
    It is very annoying! Mine will crash 1-4 times a day. That is my only beef with my Storm. I am going to go see Verizon and see what I can do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 08:01 PM
    Jboom,
    My first Storm (on my 3rd) had the same issue. It literally would restart about 30 times a day, when I wasn't even touching it...
    I returned it (Best Buy) and have not had the problem ever since. I had updated the software to .75 also...
    Tom
    12-14-08 08:17 PM
    I went to Blackberry.com and got the new operating system, as recently as today and completely did every update out there through the Verizon help person on the phone and it just shuts off all the time still. Originally I thought it was just because it was laying flat on my desk, (this was the scenario on the first couple times) but today I took it out with me in my pocket and has shut down about 18 times I think. I took out the battery, etc, did all the little things that I've learned to use over the years of having a blackberry (going on my 5th year) to no avail. I'm a little pissed cause I've waited so long to get this Storm but I figured there will be bugs. I'm going to send it back and get a new one because it sounds like that is the answer according to most of you. Where is the best place to look for future updates for the Storm?
    12-14-08 09:04 PM
    Mine restarted 3 times by itself today. About a week ago I did a complete wipe and am running .76.

I'm sorry, but this is really unacceptable. I've had it shut off while on the phone, and while someone kept trying to call me (urgent) and I couldn't do anything about it. If it just randomly shut off, this wouldn't be a problem, but it takes forever to reboot.

It just baffles me how someone could have used this device before release (the testers) and thought that this would work out.

I LOVE my phone, but they really need to fix this.
    12-14-08 09:15 PM
    ....are you serious? My phone is 80% unusable and they can't get me a replacement until the 19th or 20th. What am I supposed to do until then? So while I sit here typing, my phone is rebooting again, for the....get this, 5th time today and it's only 11 am. It actually rebooted while I was on the phone with Verizon. What a joke. I can't believe that this is happening and while they said this is a "very rare" problem, obviously they don't check Crackberry.com ever. What a joke this is and I'm furious that I unactivated my broken down, stuck trackball Pearl that had been faithful to me for a year. This is pathetic. Anyone have any suggestion on what to get if I decide to send the next one back too? I hate the Storm right now.
    12-15-08 11:05 AM
    Today it happened 6 times so far. It's driving me crazy. The 3+ minute reboot time doesn't help either. I wipes and reloaded 3 times over the last .75 update. I tried .75 .76 wiped removed all extra apps. Still happens mainly as I get a message or call. This issue more than any of the others will have me go back to the 8830 with it's low ringer volume. It seems like VZ and RIM just cant get one right for me. My ATT 8800 was so stable.
    12-15-08 03:39 PM
    It has happened to me like you guys said rebooting when I get a call or message. I called saturday to get my replacement. Get this the cs told me to dial * 225 to get my roaming capabilities updated and it'll sole the problem.
    wtf?! Right? So I called tech support and I told him I did the wipe, updated, wiped with jl cmdr, clean install and everything. Can't wait to get my replacement tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 03:53 PM
    isnt *228 option 2 to update roaming, or is *225 new?
    12-15-08 04:10 PM
    I sent you an email but I'll say it here again...make sure you're network setting is set to "1EX" vice "Global." Mine did the same thing...continuously shut down. I lost a call and my phone shutdown...I realized it had to be a configuration problem. I checked, changed my network setting to 1EX and it has shut off in two days...I contacted Verizon Support, told them about the above and they confirmed the network setting. Check your setting...this may solve your problem. My Storm now runs great......
    12-15-08 04:13 PM
    I left out a word.....my phone has NOT shut off in two days since I made the change.....when the phone is in Global setting, it confuses the phone and shuts down.......hope this helps....
    12-15-08 04:14 PM
    Anyone been able to tie the random reboots to anything ie Apps/Settings (other than 1EX/Global)?

1st device rebooted 5x a day.

2nd device didn't reboot at all for around 10 days, but started again today. Bet it rebooted 10x today.

I am on Corporate BES with a Security Policy applied. I am wondering if some policy setting is causing the reboots - ie forcing the memory cleaner to run? Seems to reboot when idle - not receiving emails/calls/nothing. Completely idle.

Thoughts???
    12-15-08 07:22 PM
    Funny thing. As i'm responding to this post, I hear my message tone. Press the touch screen to see it and black screen, reboot. Thats got to be 7 today. I'm on BES too. This is my second BB from VZ. They replaced it once already. I've made the network 1XEV for about a week now. No change. This is getting silly now. I give this thing to the 29th day to work. Then back to my 8830 with the low ringer volume.
    12-15-08 07:42 PM
    i think i have the wierest glitch .. when i reply to a text have it in multi tap and hover over the O an O pops up and i select it and the entire screen is covered by the camera i see what the camera sees and nothing happens with any button i push .. i cant lock it or anyting .. at first i thought i accidentally hit the camera button but there is no menu or anything i cant take any pictures if i try either .. so i just pull the battery .. its not a real problem since hovering over letters displays accents on letters that i will probably never use .. its just wierd that it happens
    12-15-08 08:31 PM
    I had ths problem on my Storm 2. Was shutting down every hour or so. Problem went away when I disabled wireless synchronization with gmail contacts.
    03-15-10 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD