Ive had my storm since it came out and my storm started having problems. Finally I took it to Verizon because the end button would sometimes not work and it would stop charging at random times so I would wake up with a dead phone. Anyway Verizon reluctantly gave me a new phone. Now my new phone has problems. Everyone I call say they cant hear me so I have to talk louder than usual. Is this a problem with the phone? What should I do?
    08-26-09 05:15 PM
    well the call audio could be a hardware issue, or it could be a location issue...it's hard to say...there are other people who have the low mic audio issue on the other end of calls, where people can't hear them, but it doesn't seem to affect everyone, so don't think it's a "device" issue, more like some devices have flaws, which is a quality control issue...and that's on RIM more than VZW...call and see if they'll exchange it again, it took me 4 devices (way earlier towards the release) to get one worth keeping, one had bad click, one rebooted, one had a yellow screen, one was severely scratched and battered, as if they never refurbished it, and now my 5th one the screen is starting to get tight along the bottom, above the physical keys...i don't wanna have to torx it or put a card in there, i might exchange this one also...
    08-26-09 05:59 PM
    Try 3 things:
    1. Phone > menu > options > general options > enhance handset call audio > boost treble.
    2. Dial *22899 for provisioning/PRL update w/cell towers.
    3. Battery pull.
    If no go, test out call as well as click quality of replacement in store...imo u shd get another.
    08-26-09 06:04 PM
    Ive had my storm since it came out and my storm started having problems. Finally I took it to Verizon because the end button would sometimes not work and it would stop charging at random times so I would wake up with a dead phone. Anyway Verizon reluctantly gave me a new phone. Now my new phone has problems. Everyone I call say they cant hear me so I have to talk louder than usual. Is this a problem with the phone? What should I do?
    I had this issue as well. Call Verizon from your home phone and tell them about your problem. Then have them put you on hold and call your cell and talk to you so they can hear the problem first hand. the vzw rep I spoke to heard me for 1 second and issued me a warranty replacement.
    08-26-09 06:57 PM
    Thanks a lot everyone! I'm going to try Transfigured's solution and see if it helps. If not I'll just call. Thanks again everyone!
    08-26-09 08:05 PM
    good to know that one
    08-26-09 08:54 PM
    Try 3 things:
    1. Phone > menu > options > general options > enhance handset call audio > boost treble.
    2. Dial *22899 for provisioning/PRL update w/cell towers.
    3. Battery pull.
    If no go, test out call as well as click quality of replacement in store...imo u shd get another.
    that fixed my problem thanks!
    08-26-09 08:57 PM
    UPDATE:

Unfortunately the above solution did not work... I called Verizon and they are sending me another. This will be my 3rd phone! Third times a charm... I hope!
    08-27-09 04:26 PM
    Funny. The third was my keeper

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD