Hi Guys,

I Started off being a berry addict about a year and half ago with the pearl then switched to the greatest phone of all time (no not the iphone)the blackberry curve. I am thinking of getting a Storm but I'm worried it may be a mistake. I have an Ipod touch and i think it's awesome and I can't imagine the storm being better entartainment wise. Also I use my curve a lot for BBM and emails for work so I am a HUGE text messager and I can't think of the storm being as good in typing. So my question is any storm users here use to have a curve and regret getting the storm or do you think it is worth switching and i won't be disappointed. Your Opnion DOES matter to me so please let me know what you guys think. also if you never had a curve and think it's awesome or sucks let me know to.

PS I love Opera Mini! does opera work in landscape mode on the storm?
    03-10-09 11:30 PM
    I switched from the Curve to the Storm, and I couldn't be happier. I text, e-mail, surf on my Storm all day long, and I have no problems with it. Give yourself a 2-3 week learning curve (no pun intended) to get used to everything, but once you get used to everything, it's amazing.
    03-10-09 11:41 PM
    I must say that the storm is excellent for me. I'd never had a blackberry before so I can't tell you if it is better or worse than what you have been using. A lot of previous berry users do seem to have an issue with the keyboard but I do not. This is all typed with it at a decent speed I might add. You just have to play around with one to really give you an idea whether it is for you or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 11:44 PM
    I switched from the Verizon Curve to the Storm and also couldn't be happier. I use my BB for browsing, BB messenger, text messaging, and e-mail constantly, and enjoy every minute of it. I myself was a little worried about the whole touch concept when it comes to typing texts and messages in BB messenger, but overall it has been a great experience.

The biggest plus I see with the Storm is the screen lanscape that is available. The extra screen size makes a huge difference between the Curve and the Storm when viewing webpages, you get a way better viewing experience.

Most of my friends still got Curves, I went and used one the other day and put it right back down. Once you get used to the touch interface, it is very difficult to go back and see the same expectations on older BB models.

As the other posters mentioned, again there is a learning curve with the Storm.

If you are a techonolgy buff like myself and like figuring things out as you go along, then I definitely recommend getting the Storm.

If you want to be able to do everything at first glance without patience, then you may want to do a little more research.
    Last edited by ryace33; 03-11-09 at 12:32 AM.
    03-11-09 12:27 AM
    i went env, pearl, curve, storm. i love the functionality and multitasking the blackberries offer me, never liked pearl or storm keyboard, felt cramped or lacking, and the storm qwerty feels like my old env. its the best decision ive ever made phone wise. you won't have any unusual problems with the storm, any more than any other blackberry from the day. you just might be more critical of them due to the hype the phone recieved.
    03-11-09 12:49 AM
    I always thought my old curve owned me but when I made the switch I can no longer look back. My exprience with the storm has been wonderful. I'm typing on SureType and not even looking at the screen. The clicking keyboard takes time getting use to but once you get the hang of it you will fly through it.

The media, browsing and messaging exprience is by far the best I've had. i have gone through many phones but never rated anything close to a perfect 10. I would give the storm a solid 9 out of 10. The curve an 8, the lg vantage a 6, the htc touch a 2 and the iphone an 7 for lack of features and constant freezing. I'm not saying the storm doesn't freeze but its not as bad compared to the iphone or htc touch.

Whatever you decide on make sure you're comfortable with the move.
    03-11-09 12:58 AM
    Typing improves overtime with storm.
    03-11-09 12:59 AM
    Does anyone in here want to sell me their curve for $100 or less? PM me please

03-11-09 03:30 AM
    Let's just say I'll never use another non-touchscreen phone again!
    03-11-09 12:16 PM
    I can pound out some serious text messages on this thing! LOL take the plunge you will thank yourself for it!

03-11-09 12:32 PM
    WOW !!! I'm surprised that all feedback is so positive considering all the negative posts in these forums. However this is very re assuring especially since most of the feedback is from former CURVE owners.
    03-11-09 04:20 PM
    Having a blackberry is like owning a sports car. People who've never ridden in a car with racing suspension usually call it bumpy. Having any advanced data phone without had used one before is going to be a new experience.

Knowing the equipment and having experience and proper expectations, along with an open mindset, then you should be quite happy. Just remain patient and you will see the true capabilities of the phone. With each revision of the OS I find myself learning new things and having that sense of excitement that comes with more and more curiosity.

03-11-09 04:32 PM
    anyone want to sell me their blackberry curve for cheap? you probably wont use it anymore since you are so in love with your storm. i wish i was.
    03-11-09 05:08 PM
    Just out of curiousity, how many people who have "positive" reviews of the Storm are currently using some sort of screen trick in order to improve performance.

By screen trick, I mean:
    • shoving a business card behind the battery
    • loosening the screws with a TORX screwdriver
    • putting a felt circle sticker on the back of the battery cover
    • any homemade hack in order to reinforce the click button.
    03-11-09 05:18 PM
    I have a Curve, and an iPod touch as well. No need to "upgrade" to the Storm as far as I can see. Being a "first-adapter" is overrated, and often expensive. The next "new best BB" will be out soon, and I have to see how well the touch screen keypads hold up on the Storm. Stick with the 8330/iPod combo!
    03-11-09 05:22 PM
    Let's see....here's my smartphone history, and the Storm is by far the best (at least for me)

1: Blackberry 8800 World Edition
    2: Motorola Q9c
    3: Blackberry Curve (Sprint)-contract was up, switched to AT&T, wanted an IPhone. I switch phones once a year, that's why I had three smartphones in a such a short time-span
    4: IPhone 3G (AT&T)-hated the carrier and its lack of network connectivity, switched to Verizon
    5: STORM. Love the touch interface. It took some getting used to, but I type on it faster than I ever did with my IPhone and probably just as fast as I did with my Curve or Q9c.

As long as you're willing to sit down and learn a little, this should be a great phone for you. Ignore most of the bad reviews this phone received. Most of those reviews were done with the original software on the phone and the reviews haven't been updated since new software came out.
    03-11-09 05:58 PM
    No screen click mod here. I am using mine right out of the box and havent seen any issues with not being able to click any specific part of the screen.

I am also still using .75, waiting for the next official OS release to come out. Although I have had thoughts of going beta, but not yet.
    03-12-09 08:11 AM
    i went from sk3=>dare=>storm... the second i left the sk3 i missed my trackball. the dares touchscreen was, in my opinion, too small for me to type on.. so i got the storm, which i love. i did a swap phones for a day with one of my friends who has the curve, and after getting used to the storms touchscreen typing i couldnt type on the curve. the reason being is that you can not use your whole finger when typing on the curve, as you will hit more than one button. it is the opposite case with the storm. you use your whole thumb to cover the key and press. once you get used to this you can type much faster on the storm then on any full keyboard phone, IMO. and i used to be pretty fast on my sk3.. i had it since it came out. just my 2 cents
    P.S. i will never buy anything but blackberry from now on
    Last edited by ahern090; 03-12-09 at 08:35 AM. Reason: typo
    03-12-09 08:34 AM
    I can actually type faster on my Storm than on my wifes 8330. The buttons on her Curve are simply too small for my thumbs. I think her biggest problem when using the Storm is figuring out when to click and when to tap, especially in the browser. I've never had a screen click problem. I've installed every Beta OS so far, and for the most part, loved every bit of it -- especially the increase in speed. I use it for at least an hour a day to listen to music when working out and it's been fantastic.

The biggest changes I think you'll like right away... the large beautiful screen of course, and the Web Browsing. I "surf" the web using the stock BB Browser for 20-40 minutes a day and _normally_ don't have any problems. I do know that I can log into our bank account webpage, and her Curve can't - even if she uses Opera!
    03-12-09 08:53 AM
    very encouraged by all the positive stuff and I have to say I think i"m gonna go ahead and take the plunge. I'm a bit of a tech junkie. I like to customize things. I'm not one of those out of the box this better work great or it's a terrible product type of people (although that is the secret to a massivly succesful product). and you can bet of my new storm is running.75 it will be upgrade before I upload a single contact or even before i play around with the phone. Thanks people
    03-12-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD