The android phones are going to be big competition for the BB's and especially the Storm 1 and 2. If they can convince enough of us to trade up to the S2 and sign up for 2 more years they would be wise to do it. Otherwise many of us will check out the Droid when our contracts are up, and I dont think that will be good for future Storm sales.
    11-06-09 06:48 PM
    The deal posted by the OP is in effect now. I called and asked about it and was offered the same deal. Im not up for a upgrade till january but was still offered the deal thats explained in this thread. After january when i am eligible for a upgrade it will be the same thing. Overall assumption is s1 owners will get nothing as far as a break on a upgrade. The deal is the same as if you were a new customer. Sorry but thats not a deal. Offer the s2 for s1 owners for 49.99 and then we have a deal.
    I wholeheartedly agree. When I got my S1 it was a BOGO for 200. So my sister and I paid basically $100 per phone. Wasn't bad. But $179 was offered to me the other day and I passed. Too much money for a phone. Especially when you consider the S1 I have works just fine and just as it should. I guess I am one of the lucky ones, I am still using my original S1 and never had any issues worthy of justifying a return. So Im happy.

Sure I would love a S2. But not for that kind of money. $50... why not. But what they want now is way too much.
    11-06-09 07:06 PM
    It is not that great of a deal, but I will probably do it.

I am VIP, so I get another $50 off, so I will pay $129. I can put my Storm 1 on Ebay and I am sure I get at least $200 for it. I end up making $70 but I have a new 2 yr contract.

The other option is to go in and ask for swap. I have gone through 5 Storms and they already maked my account for a new storm the next time I have issues. Now that the Storm 2 is out, I am sure I can get the swap. The advantage is I dont have to renew my contract, but I wont have a Storm 1 to sell.

I will probably buy the Storm 2, thn hold my Storm 1 for a few weeks, before I sell it.
    11-06-09 08:04 PM
    Problems? And what problems are we speaking of? The S2 is a great upgrade and you should try it to really see the responsiveness.
    You are so right. Everyone that has the S2 is perfectly happy and non of the problems in S1 can be found in S2.

Disregard any posting to the contrary.

Jeeeeeeees!
    11-06-09 10:13 PM
    Has this been confirmed or denied? I might have to consider it if there is some kind of a deal....
    11-07-09 11:59 AM
    Has this been confirmed or denied? I might have to consider it if there is some kind of a deal....
    If you look at my opening post I provided a link to my source for confirmation of what I said the deal was.
    11-07-09 12:07 PM
81 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD