when it came out i hated it. when it was updated and after reading up i got it and worked with it. then it got better and enjoyable. now i hate it. verizons 148 release is crap it resets all the time etc.
    this isnt a rant, but more of a question...anyone else go thru hating the storm months later too? i cant go back to curve its too small (screen size).
    07-01-09 05:07 PM
    i think most storm owners have a love/hate relationship with their storm. i would advise getting away from .148 and trying a hybrid os. it is always more exciting to 'work' on your storm. i got my storm the first week it came out---You are not alone!!
    07-01-09 05:10 PM
    if .148 resets all the time for you maybe you had a bad load and could benefit from re-loading the OS as the majority of the people i have talked to with .148 do not have these problems...just a thought but maybe its worth a try?

and i have had my storm since release day...wouldnt trade it for anything, and use it thoroughly and pretty hard every day as work calls for such use that im on it a lot
    07-01-09 05:11 PM
    this does sound like a rant btw :\

newho, nah, my doesnt reset all the time (maybe ONCE in awhile when its just sitting idle)

neways, i luv my storm
    Mine works pretty good, for know.
    I am starting to hate mine it keeps messing up on me random reboots and such

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 05:12 PM
    I am starting to hate mine it keeps messing up on me random reboots and such

same as i said earlier, maybe an OS reload would help or as others have said, try a hybrid if youre up to it but be sure to BACK UP your phone before doing anything, forgot to say that before
    07-01-09 05:14 PM
    I understand what you are saying, I too seam to go back and fourth on the storm. I think it boils down to this:Great Idea.........Bad Execution. I love my phone, but the constant BS with OS and other gliches it is frustrating. But to the storms defense, it really is not any different than many other phones.
    07-01-09 05:14 PM
    never again will I get a BB (ok that might be an exaggeration, but I certainly never get a 1st generation device again {from anyone} and I won't be getting a BB until the revamp their pos OS)
    07-01-09 05:17 PM
    it just did a random reboot on me... again
    07-01-09 05:17 PM
    i already did all this wipe and reinstall stuff. i tried hybrids and was lucky. im just sick of working on it. its like a car that wont die but drives you batty because every little thing ones to break after another to just keep you in your driveway. now with tour release soon im not putting any more work into my storm anymore.

storm could have been an awesome device...and the surepress or w/e its called is driving me batty now. it was great and stayed great IMO, but now i just cant type on it anymore LOL.
    07-01-09 05:43 PM
    I hate this thing. Once I can get a rebate I'm getting something new!

07-01-09 06:02 PM
    I have the same results with every OS time to call vzw

07-01-09 06:06 PM
    I hate this thing. Once I can get a rebate I'm getting something new!

you got PM to avoid a rebate
    07-01-09 06:07 PM
    I have the same results with every OS time to call vzw

yea, but you can only call for 3 OS's. .65, .75, and .148. the rest verizon can mess with you since they were not official releases and are not tested by the mutants at verizon
    07-01-09 06:08 PM
    If you don't like .148, why don't you just install whatever you did like? I don' t think your problem is .148 though. Why don't you try a fresh .148 install and do NOT restore anything that is on your phone now. Just put on the OS, get a fresh re-sync from Outlook (or where ever you have your contacts) and use the phone for a couple of days. I bet it works better than it ever has before.
    07-01-09 06:26 PM
    I also have mixed feelings. I love the large screen, and I also like the keyboard, but overall Im less than impressed. I probably wouldnt have bought it knowing what I know now. The months without a decent OS patch, the primitive Calendar app, the constant config problems, the sluggishness at times, the slow camera, syncing problems - lost data, the crappy browser, no easy way to scroll thru long contact lists ....ect.

On the positive side, the screen looks great, I use the media player for music and videos often, its on Verizon, the app store is finally open, the phone is pretty good, and I like getting my emails sent directly to my phone.

It was a good first try for Rim, but unless the Storm 2 is a big improvement, I think that this thing will quickly fade into yesterdays technology, while Palm, Apple, and Android phones leave the Storm in the dust.
    07-01-09 06:37 PM
    i have a love/hate thing with my storm too. but as it turns out, every time i hate it i can look back at the last thing i did to it and say "damn that was stupid! why did i do that? i knew better than that." yeah i usually push this thing just to see how far i can before it goes into catastrophic meltdown
    07-01-09 07:29 PM
    I love my Storm. I've had it since release and have ran every OS leaked and official and most of the hybrids. I ran .148 official for a few daysand didn't have any of these rebooting issues I'm hearing about. I now run a slimmed hybrid because I think they perform better. I have no issues at all with my Storm.

07-01-09 07:55 PM
    I certainly like my storm, the lack of polish throughout the phone is dissapointing. The storm OS has the same look of every blackberry for the past few years, and it just feels dated. If the Pre comes to Verizon this fall/winter, I will certainly be tempted into switching. A real browser and OS that actually utilizes the touchscreen is worth not having push email, imo.
    07-01-09 08:17 PM
    Got my new storm on the way now

07-01-09 08:34 PM
    No problems with my Storms. Its a LOVE/LOVE relationship.
    07-01-09 08:40 PM
    I would say your problem is NOT related to .148. I had similar issues, thought that new OS would fix it, it didn't. I finally started yanking out applications, managed to resolve my problems, or most of them. Not sure which solved my specific issues with memory leaks and such, but it's now history.

Phone is now solid, been up now it's 4th straight day since last reset, that was only done due to new application update being loaded that required reboot. Memory boots up at 32MB and then settles in and remains in the 18-23MB range. Battery life is also reasonable. Besides apps I also removed two other themes I had on my phone.

I have applications that others have complained were memory leaks - BerryWeather, Garmin, Slacker and Poynt, all used quite regularly and now no problems.

Before I started to resolve my memory problems, I was booting up at 25MB and would see memory drop on occasion to under 10MB, sometimes as low as 5MB.

Just saying that as you tossed apps onto your phone you'll need to start tossing them off to see what's causing your particular issue. I find my Storm to now be very stable and without any lag.
    07-01-09 08:55 PM
    I use to dislike my storm but since the upgrade my phone is tolerable lol

07-01-09 09:15 PM
    This phone has been an epic disappointment for me. Every time I use it I really want to like it - the phone looks great, screen is great, and the menus actually look pretty cool to me.

But then: the lag (even on .148), the crap calendar, the SLOW browser, sound quality issues, the screen jiggle, lack of flick scrolling, and poor battery life all conspire to make me hate this bloody phone.

Would really love to chuck this phone at RIM's fatcat CEO Mike Lazypenis or whatever his name is...
    07-01-09 09:48 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD