Here's my idea for a thread. Maybe, if we can get enough input, I could have my very own sticky!

Let's start a list of Storm-Optimized 3rd party applications.

Not programs that "mostly" work with the Storm...with the compatibility mode...I mean programs that take advantage of the Sure-Press, the portrait and landscape keyboards, etc.

Personally, I'm desperately looking for a checkbook register that fits this bill. I've tried a few but, they all only work in compatibility mode and, if any of you have tried the older programs on the Storm, it's a bit of a pain because the interface is "different" than the native apps.

I'll start with...

Instango - IM chat program. It's in Beta right now but, wow, very nice and works as seamlessly as the native applications do. Supports ICQ, AIM, GoogleTalk, MSN, Yahoo, GaduGadu, QQ and Jabber.

To download - Set your Storm Browser Identification back to "Blackberry" (you changed it...you know you did) and point your browser to http://get.instango.com

Remember, only programs written for, or updated specifically to work seamlessly on the Storm make the cut.
    11-24-08 03:56 PM
    Bump please.
    11-24-08 08:48 PM
    I don't know of any... but hopefully I will soon, I want more apps
    11-24-08 09:09 PM
    what does changing the browser identification to blackberry do?
    11-24-08 09:19 PM
    what does changing the browser identification to blackberry do?
    anytime a website has a mobile version it will automatically bring you to it.

Example: google.

If its set under blackberry you will see on the bottom it says mobile
    If its set under IE/firefox you will see on the bottom it won't say anything
    11-24-08 09:22 PM
    bump
    bump
    bump

anybody have good storm apps?
    11-24-08 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD