Verizon Tech has been unable to address this despite several attempts. I have a '2' and a notification icon just under the day/date with an icon that looks like 0_0 next to it. See the link below for a screenshot. I've checked all voicemails, MMS, SMS, AIMS, BB Messenger and Visual Voicemail and there is nothing new. I've rebooted this device several times since this started showing up. Any suggestions?

www. flickr. com/photos/robertberkey/3111615261/
    12-15-08 09:26 PM
    Did you check the saved messages folder? That worked for someone in one of the other threads about this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 09:30 PM
    I just checked and unfortunately that's not it.
    12-15-08 09:39 PM
    i've seen before to leave yourself a voicemail and then delete it and it should go away
    12-15-08 09:39 PM
    How about missed calls? They count as messages unless you turn them off.

12-15-08 09:44 PM
    I've had several missed calls and that notification is separate. I've also had several voicemails which I've deleted by calling in and via the visual voicemail. I can't get anything to increase the '2' indication either. Has anyone ever seen the icon in the link in the original post?
    12-16-08 07:04 AM
    If its really bothering you that bad I would maybe try to do a wipe and reinstall of the OS using JL Commander
    12-16-08 08:15 AM
    So what was it?! I have the same notification with no clue to what it is! I use VyMail for my voicemail...
    Last edited by esmcblurm3; 02-06-09 at 05:22 PM.
    02-06-09 04:17 PM
    it's gotta be a voicemail or something...can't figure it out
    02-06-09 05:23 PM
    I don't get that.. but i always get asterix showing in my message box when there aren't any new messages... 0.75
    02-06-09 05:39 PM
    i had this as well, try this , options ,call log, select none. That is what i had, i found this is out on here. Hope this helps. Also , click show all on main menu, and check your message box, not sms or email one, u have another one as well.
    02-07-09 04:41 AM
    i had this as well, try this , options ,call log, select none. That is what i had, i found this is out on here. Hope this helps. Also , click show all on main menu, and check your message box, not sms or email one, u have another one as well.
    I also had the same problem u need to call up vzw tech and have them remove. The visual voicemail and than have them leave a vmail that check ur vmail through your phone and this will fix the problem the problem is called ghost icon

02-07-09 09:06 AM
    i had this for a bit, turned out to be a weatherbug severe weather alert...check that out...
    02-07-09 10:27 AM
    I also had the same problem u need to call up vzw tech and have them remove. The visual voicemail and than have them leave a vmail that check ur vmail through your phone and this will fix the problem the problem is called ghost icon

I had this one too - but verizon couldnt clear it up. It finally went away when I did an OS upgrade. So the wipe/refresh the OS should fix it, if Verizon cant make it disappear.
    02-07-09 11:37 AM
    Thanks for the help - but no luck for me...

i had this for a bit, turned out to be a weatherbug severe weather alert...check that out...
    Not it.. grrr

I've gotta call a VRZ. tech to get it removed?? whoa Maybe I'll stop in the store when I pass one along the way
    02-07-09 11:38 AM
    Unfortunatly this is a known error on some storms that I have seen. The best thing u can do is load the desktop manager software to backup your phone. Also u can back up your pictures on your 8 gig memory. Then under the options_memory options choose to format device internal memory. This will clear out all the junk that is unneeded on your phone this includes your message indicater. JUST DON'T FORGET to BACKUP your data.
    02-07-09 12:06 PM
    tag..thanks
    02-07-09 12:30 PM
    I too have this happen on occasion - very weird. Do you have your home screen grid layout set to 4 x 4 ? If yes, then change it to the default setting (OPTIONS - ADVANCED OPTIONS - ACCESSIBILITY) after you change this setting - do a battery pull. after the phone resets - go back and change the grid layout back to 4 x 4 . This works for me - only had to do this twice, but sure as **** easier than relaoding the OS !!!
    02-07-09 10:06 PM
    I too have this happen on occasion - very weird. Do you have your home screen grid layout set to 4 x 4 ? If yes, then change it to the default setting (OPTIONS - ADVANCED OPTIONS - ACCESSIBILITY) after you change this setting - do a battery pull. after the phone resets - go back and change the grid layout back to 4 x 4 . This works for me - only had to do this twice, but sure as **** easier than relaoding the OS !!!
    No luck! I went into VZW, and they claim it's a voicemail and that my use of VyMail is affecting it... I dunno, I guess I'll delete it and try again.
    02-08-09 05:21 PM
    it is voice mail...i had the exact prob a couple months ago
    02-08-09 06:30 PM

I can. confirm this worked for me. I had a voicemail, the indicator was on, I added Visual Voicemail (VVM), then the indicator would stay there no matter how many voicemail messages I had.

What specifically solved the problem

- Emptied VM box completely.

- Called VZ, had them delete VVM.

- Deleted VVM application from Storm.

- On reboot, indicator was gone.

- VZ added VVM again.

Problem solved.

Note that they did not have to call and leave a voicemail and then delete it, but that might be because my voicemail box was completely empty.
    02-08-09 06:56 PM
    I can. confirm this worked for me. I had a voicemail, the indicator was on, I added Visual Voicemail (VVM), then the indicator would stay there no matter how many voicemail messages I had.

What specifically solved the problem

- Emptied VM box completely.

- Called VZ, had them delete VVM.

- Deleted VVM application from Storm.

- On reboot, indicator was gone.

- VZ added VVM again.

Problem solved.

Note that they did not have to call and leave a voicemail and then delete it, but that might be because my voicemail box was completely empty.
    I am using youmail's VyMail. Does verizon have to remove this as well?
    02-08-09 07:19 PM
    im in the same boat...its sooo annoying...two ppl called same time...i imagine one got booted to my verizon vm somehow...lame lame lame...please help me
    03-26-09 09:21 PM
    Thanks heaps. Vodafone had sent me a msg and it wasn't in my SMS/MMS folder. It was a msg to contact them if I needed help setting up my BB. Deleted that and the pesky 'unread msg' icon is gone. Thanks.
    03-26-09 09:55 PM
    When will the storm learn how to do my dishes?
    03-26-09 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD