Ok so i was excited about updating to the new leaked os and was in the process of updating it on the storm when it said there was an error and stopped uploading. At this point i was sure my device was bricked after just a few battery pulls and about 15 minutes of frustration my storm turned on with the 109 software when i connected to the computer DM says device connected but cant read the pin on my storm therefore it doesn't let me update the software is there anyone that can help me with this i searched and searched but didn't find anything
    03-11-09 06:22 AM
    Check your usb drivers. Is the phone recognized by your computer? Does your led blink red all the time?

If so, try to follow the Nuked BlackBerry thread on recovering your blackberry.
    03-11-09 07:30 AM
    haha this might be weak but make sure the cables are plugged in all of the way. I couldnt get my 8830 to sync the other day but after getting mad for a while i noticed the mini usb wasnt plugged in all the way thru my case. Just a thought
    03-11-09 07:32 AM
    My usb cable is directly connected to my computer and i tried both of the usb ports i have. When i connect it the phone just charges like if it was plugged into an outlet but the computer does make the little noise that it recognizes something but instead of saying blackberry storm it just says new hardware and shows it as a portable device. Under the DM it says device connected but it doesn't pick up my devices pin...

I did try to do the nuked phone stuff but when i get to the point where it says com 1 or com 2 on my computer it doesn't have a com 1 or com 2 it doesn't let me continue after that point... Is it possible that its because im running windows xp but on a mac?

Btw i'm not a computer newbie by any chance i've been updating my storm with the leaked software from day 1 i just recently registered to crackberry that's all
    03-11-09 12:59 PM
    Hopefully this isn't too advanced .... but if you go to device manager (System in Control Panel, Hardware tab) and uninstall the "portable device". Then unplug / replug the device (you *may* also have to click "Scan for Hardware Changes"), it may recognize it as a Blackberry again (by reinstalling the drivers itself).
    03-11-09 01:07 PM
    Ok so i think i found the problem.... when i do what pi_admin does at least to my understanding of what he said to do... I go to scan for hardware and click on blackberry phone then it says that the drivers for the device my be missing. How can i install the drivers or where can i get them from
    03-11-09 02:42 PM
    So i did find out what was wrong after much frustration and grabbing ideas from here and there i decided to completely delete DM from my computer and reinstall everything all over... After deleting and reinstalling and i'm glad to say the storm is now recognized by my computer and DM... I'm currently updating to 114 as we speak which quite frankly is what started the problem in the first place
    03-11-09 07:26 PM
    I always delete the old OS before attempting to install the new one cause when you get that error you gotta uninstall everything.
    03-11-09 07:34 PM
    the old os was deleted it had to do with the desktop manager not reading my bb after it bricked for a couple minutes
    03-11-09 07:37 PM
    This happened to me too. It turned out that I had a bad cable. Anyway, I switched cables and all was well.
    03-12-09 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD