I recieved my Storm last week and love it so far. The only thing thats bothering me is the fact that sometimes it will not alert me when i recieve a IM or SMS with the tone. If i'm doing something on the phone it alerts everytime but if its "asleep" it doesnt all the time. The LED light will flash red everytime it just doesnt alert. Any ideas?

By the way, i havent loaded any apps to it and its running .148 from the factory.

Thanks.
    09-08-09 09:08 PM
    Or maybe its .181?haha
    09-08-09 09:09 PM
    Does the LED flash when the screen is dark and you get an alert? It could be in bedside mode....

Open your clock and hit the BBkey and go to exit bedside mode if you see it. If it says enter bedside mode then you are OK and the problem lies elsewhere.
    09-08-09 09:12 PM
    First of all, welcome to the world of Crackberry.You have come to the right place to answer your questions.

Have you set your Ring Tone/ Alert profiles? I am guessin not. Press the Profiles icon at the top left of your home screen. Scroll down to Set Ring Tones /Alerts. Press Messages to drop down the options. Select SMS Text. You can choose which ring tone you want,Volume, whether you want sound when you have it in a holster, LED on or off,Vibration options and whether or not you want the ringtone while you are talking on the phone.

Hope that helps.
    09-08-09 09:22 PM
    Tryed that it said "Enter Bedside Mode". Yes, the LED flashes everytime i get a message.

Also forgot to mention, a battery pull doesnt seem to help it either.
    09-08-09 09:24 PM
    Yeah, I had changed several of them. Just created a "Custom Profile" and used it to see if that helps.
    09-08-09 09:34 PM
    But, no such luck. It alerted when i was setting the custom profile up but then not after the screen went black.
    09-08-09 09:35 PM
    Are you trying to use custom sounds or default ones? And do they work in sound options when you click try?
    09-08-09 09:36 PM
    Default ones. Yeah they work fine when setting them and as long as the phone is active it alerts fine. Its just when it blacks out that it doesnt.
    09-08-09 09:37 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sms...orking-101144/

There is a thread with something similar to what you have. They found out it was a bug in the sound they selected. They had to change the tone and do a battery pull to get it to work. Not saying it is what you have, but as I am pretty much stumped it is worth a try.
    09-08-09 09:44 PM
    Spend a few bucks on BerryBuzz. You can set alerts so they don't stop flashing.

I have a feeling that's what's going on. You're timing out after an alert.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 09:44 PM
    Timing out? How much time does it give you? I'm literally sitting here staring at my phone while i'm texting.hahaha
    09-08-09 09:47 PM
    That may have been my problem Than. I had my alert set to that tone. Just changed it and did another pull. Crossing my fingers.

And by the way, i did search but didnt come across that topic.haha
    09-08-09 09:54 PM
    That may have been my problem Than. I had my alert set to that tone. Just changed it and did another pull. Crossing my fingers.

And by the way, i did search but didnt come across that topic.haha
    I can never find what Im looking for when using the crackberry search function. So I just googled it and that thread showed up. Glad it is a possible fix for you. If you like that sound, there was a place to download it as an .mp3 and it will work again.
    09-09-09 07:52 AM
    Thanks again Thanontos. That was my problem. I changed the tone and it never skipped a beat afterwards.

Thanks for everybodies help. Back to LOVING my Storm now.
    09-09-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD