Hello,

The BB Storm..my first BB - love it. Still getting used to it from a Windows Mobile OS. Some quirks I'm still trying to get through. So far it's updated to the latest software (4.7.0.75), and unlocked.

A problem I can't seem to find a solution yet for is the following:

My Verizon Storm isn't making any audible notification (beep, ring, vibration) when connected to my laptop (via usb) when I get a call.

If I happen to be looking at the phone, it will show on the screen that I'm getting a call.. but that's hardly useful.

When I have my bluetooth headset connected I will hear the beep in my ear of an incoming call and the screen will show who is calling but will make no further gesture to let me know I have a caller.

What I've tried:
    -nothing connected to the cell: hear the ring
    -charger connected to it: hear the ring
    -bt headset connected to it: hear the beep (though the headset)
    -PC connected to it: no ring
    -PC (and bt headset) connected to it: hear the beep (through the headset)
    11-30-08 06:59 PM
    disable mass storage mode and don't assign tones from the memory card.
    11-30-08 07:16 PM
    I experience the same thing, but I don't think this is a bug.

My best guess is that the ringtones on the phone or on the microSD are inaccessible when DM is connected to the phone. If DM is connected (or you're in mass storage mode), the phone cannot read the ringtones.

You can test this by connecting your phone via USB but not inputting your unlock code (or not starting up DM or mass storage mode).
    11-30-08 07:17 PM
    This is a bug. It happens to me too. No vibration or sounds for alarms, calendars, or calls, or texts, when connected to a pc or into the wall charger. If i do a battery pull, it works, until the issue starts again. I upgraded to new software last night and we'll see if the issue was fixed or not.
    11-30-08 07:34 PM
    Yes! That was precisely the problem!
    Once I selected a tone stored on the Storm (and not the microSD card) I was able to hear the phone ring while connected to the computer.

Thank you very much for your help.
    11-30-08 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD