Well iv been told by my friend who works at the VZW store here in town that they are only selling the storm to new line subscribers and id have to order one since im already on contract and actually past my NE2. i told her that was gay and she said that she doesnt make the rules...

she also has told me they shuld be gettin some in tomorrow or thursday and she'll pin me when they get in so i can check them out. told her to make sure they are the release models, that way we can get an idea of what os version they will be selling with.

anyone else hear of this? is it store to store SOP or what?
    11-18-08 02:57 PM
    Your friend is insane and doenst know whats shes talking about
    11-18-08 02:58 PM
    Well iv been told by my friend who works at the VZW store here in town that they are only selling the storm to new line subscribers and id have to order one since im already on contract and actually past my NE2. i told her that was gay and she said that she doesnt make the rules...

she also has told me they shuld be gettin some in tomorrow or thursday and she'll pin me when they get in so i can check them out. told her to make sure they are the release models, that way we can get an idea of what os version they will be selling with.

anyone else hear of this? is it store to store SOP or what?
    This was covered in another thread and basically it seems like each store is doing their own thing. I've spoken to 3 stores this afternoon and 2 of them are only selling the Storm on the spot to new subscribers or upgrades. If you want to pay full retail they'll order it for you. Again this is not a blanket rule. Each store is doing their own thing. At least here in NYC.
    11-18-08 03:02 PM
    I have 7 VZW stores nearby and not one has said to new customers only. Because believe me, customers like me who have been here for 8+ years will be asking for something in return and will be completely turned of go and go for freaking sucky *** ATT and get an iPhone. I swear if VZW deicdes to screw with me it'll be their last.
    11-18-08 03:03 PM
    well im not gonna pay full retail for it i know that. iv been with verizon since 2000 and i think they shuld be able to throw a bone... my 2yr ran out in august and iv been waiting for this device lol. hoping to get that $199 price.

i guess i will call around to the rest of the stores and c what they say as well. u think all stores would be uniform with there sales.. they are all owned by 1 corporation aren't they?
    11-18-08 03:05 PM
    I have 7 VZW stores nearby and not one has said to new customers only. Because believe me, customers like me who have been here for 8+ years will be asking for something in return and will be completely turned of go and go for freaking sucky *** ATT and get an iPhone. I swear if VZW deicdes to screw with me it'll be their last.
    yea i hear ya completely.. i wanted to post up and see if this was true or some misinformation on her part....
    11-18-08 03:06 PM
    I hope jaykav99 is right, but there has been a lot of debate about this and I'm a bit worried. I called my store (FWIW) and asked the question. I was told that they do not know how many units they will be receiving and that would dictate whether folks will be allowed to purchase at full retail rather than selling only to new subscribers.

My fears are worsened by Verizon's reluctance to share the full retail price with us. Their website only shows $199 available 11/21 with new 2 yr activation. Perhaps that means it will only be available with new activation???
    11-18-08 03:07 PM
    "People who work at" Verizon stores are prone to spewing all kinds of ridiculous nonsense, just like people who work at Target or Home Depot or so many other chain stores.

If they tell you some nonsense, you just have to work your way up the chain until you run into someone who has their facts straight.

Verizon is, if anything, *more* anxious to keep loyal existing subscribers happy than switch-at-a-whim types.
    11-18-08 03:10 PM
    "People who work at" Verizon stores are prone to spewing all kinds of ridiculous nonsense, just like people who work at Target or Home Depot or so many other chain stores.

If they tell you some nonsense, you just have to work your way up the chain until you run into someone who knows what they're talking about.

Verizon is, if anything, *more* anxious to keep loyal existing subscribers happy than switch-at-a-whim types.
    I never rely on store associates. I usually ask for the manager right away. I'm still waiting on a friend whose a manager at a VZW store to call me back to hear it from him.
    11-18-08 03:12 PM
    2 of the stores I called today told me they weren't sure if they would sell the Storm to existing, no-upgrade customers like myself and that they won't know until friday. I called another store and talked to a Jolly fellow named James and he told me that they will sell me the Storm for retail price but I have to mention his name because he won't be in until later that afternoon. I'm thinking that was just so he could split the commission with someone, but either way I'm throwing his name out there to get it.

Question....if I'm not able to get a Storm and I have to order over the phone, will I get it Saturday or Monday?
    11-18-08 03:22 PM
    2 of the stores I called today told me they weren't sure if they would sell the Storm to existing, no-upgrade customers like myself and that they won't know until friday. I called another store and talked to a Jolly fellow named James and he told me that they will sell me the Storm for retail price but I have to mention his name because he won't be in until later that afternoon. I'm thinking that was just so he could split the commission with someone, but either way I'm throwing his name out there to get it.

Question....if I'm not able to get a Storm and I have to order over the phone, will I get it Saturday or Monday?
    You can get it Saturday for an extra charge....
    11-18-08 03:26 PM
    I called the store in Salem, Va, spoke with both a rep and the manager, they said they would sell to existing customers, upgrades, new, etc.

so again, from what I've seen of the previous posts, it does vary, but the rep said she hadn't heard of anyone doing that that she knew of, but it depended on the retailer. So I guess better to be safe than sorry is to just call and ask.
    11-18-08 03:36 PM
    If VZW didn't let me get the phone in store friday, i'd simply just tell them to cancel my account. Been with them too long for some BS like that. And if they concede and say "ok, we'll sell it to you" i'll demand some perks b/c of the absurdity, otherwise i'll continue to cancel completely.
    11-18-08 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD