Ok, take a break from the typical "The Storm doesnt work right with x" posts and the hate posts for a second and read a SUCCESS post!

yep thats right, a post praising the storm...

I have a jeep grand cherokee 08 with the mygig navigation system with uconnect(bluetooth) system.

its an awesome system with a 30gig hd, awesome nav, real time sirius traffic monitoring and flow data, etc. so i was quite excited when i bought the car to have a car with built in bluetooth for the first time. my acura mdx 04, didnt have it for some dumb reason even though the car was ridiculous expensive.

so i set it up with my moto q and, sure enough, worked for crap. it rarely worked, half the time the audio was messed up, i could not make a call using voice dial, only receive calls. i was pissed. then they released an update for the mygig making it more compatible with winmo and adding the address book capability to dl the devices contacts.

well it did fix the internmittent no audio, but i still could not make a call from the car, the phone would say connecitng and the radio would say call couldnt go through. and the address book? awesome except if your contact had more than one number (as 99% of mine do) it would list them so bad.

so joe smith who has a mobile and work would be in the radio as

joesmith/m
    joesmith/w

so i had to say "please dial joesmith slash m" and it still rarely worked!

so then i get the Storm. i figure, eh the mygig is ********, i doubt the storm will work right either.

right? WRONG!

It works flawlessly! The audio is so crisp no one knows i am on the bluetooth, i can receive and MAKE calls (finally) with the systme. the address book works perfetly!

so joe smith now just has 1 joe smith and he has multiple numbers. so i cna say call joe smith mobile and it finally works! no slash-emmmm!

so i would say the bluetooth stack on this phone is head and shoulders the winmo blueooth stack and the one on the moto q!

thank you blackberry for something that does work well on this phone.

PS. and to make it better i can use bluetooth and it doesnt kill the phone battery in 5 minutes! it works great!
    12-14-08 07:04 PM
    good to hear. I bought a Ford Fusion SE last weekend and i used the Sync software with the phone and works great. downloaded my phone book no problem and the Bluetooth is works nicely to. My wife actually doesnt say take me off bluetooth any more like with my old school Jawbone. NICE!

ENJOY!
    12-14-08 07:08 PM
    Nice! Got to get this working on my Sahara!
    12-14-08 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD