Hey,

I was trying to use the SD card in my Storm as a MSD for music (hopefully it can play them too).

Now before you tell me to "search, this was covered 1000 times" - I did.

In the options >> memory card, encryption is off, use as mass storage device is on, as is all the options in there necessary for it to work. I may be a blackberry newb, not a computer newb.

With that said, at the moment, when I plug in the Storm, it shows 2 new removable drives, but when I click either one, it says: "Please insert a disk into drive K:" The only thing I can think of is that the SD card is formatted in a weird way, though I'd expect it to be formatted in FAT32, therefore should work, is there some other format it's formatted in?

Anybody encounter this problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    01-14-09 10:10 AM
    Well uhh, now I feel like an *****.

I plugged it in and it showed the keypad on my phone, I thought it was just locked and was prompting me for the PW to unlock it. I did think it was a bit weird that it was showing the keypad for so long - but didn't think anything of it.

Turns out it was asking for auth to use it as a MSD.

:-X

Whoops.

Thanks anyway. Copying some music on there now, hopefully it all works peachy. I'm completely against using any software as I usually have to ram it through WINE, and that's a complete pain in the ***...
    01-14-09 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD