I remember reading once that DM5 was going to allow the blackberry phone to act as a modem to access the internet much like tether berry? Was this true, can't find out anything on it. Anyone have any information on this? TIA
    10-23-09 10:18 AM
    you can use your phone as a modem.. kinda pricey though. To do it legitimately, you have to not only have the blackberry data plan from VZW, but you also have to add the tethering plan for another $30. With your phone you shouldve got the software disc which you will need to install on your desktop or laptop. If you search the forums you can find loads of information on this...
    10-23-09 10:26 AM
    There is also an app called tetherberry. Not sure how much it costs. It's in the app store.
    10-23-09 10:29 AM
    I knew about tetherberry, I was NOT aware of VZN rape price to run it @ 30$ more a month. Wtf.. damnit
    10-23-09 10:30 AM
    I knew about tetherberry, I was NOT aware of VZN rape price to run it @ 30$ more a month. Wtf.. damnit
    i said the same thing to them.. i said to them, "i have an unlimited data plan from you, but its not unlimited"? Their response was... "the $30 is a tethering fee". I went out the same day and bought a netbook.. problem solved
    10-23-09 10:34 AM
    It is not 30 bucks a month to run tetherberry. Tetherberry is a workaround for the $30 a month fee. The only thing is that when you use your phone to browse the web, you don't use very much data, unless you're always on it. When you use your computer to browse you are using MUCH more data and this might throw up a red flag with VZW. So you can buy the program with a one time price of 49.95, I believe, and it will work great for you, if you use it occasionally. If you plan to use it as your main source of internet, then for sure you will be "red flagged."
    10-23-09 10:44 AM
    It is not 30 bucks a month to run tetherberry. Tetherberry is a workaround for the $30 a month fee. The only thing is that when you use your phone to browse the web, you don't use very much data, unless you're always on it. When you use your computer to browse you are using MUCH more data and this might throw up a red flag with VZW. So you can buy the program with a one time price of 49.95, I believe, and it will work great for you, if you use it occasionally. If you plan to use it as your main source of internet, then for sure you will be "red flagged."
    ill use it strictly for email, and light web browsing when outside of a hot spot. In ubuntu of course

So DM manager 5 does not allow for tethering?
    10-23-09 10:47 AM
    ill use it strictly for email, and light web browsing when outside of a hot spot. In ubuntu of course

So DM manager 5 does not allow for tethering?
    I have no idea if DM 5 allows for tethering, but tetherberry has nothing to do with DM.

Download the free trial and try it for yourself.

If you use it for email and light browsing, you will be perfectly fine.
    10-23-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD