storm as modem, how to connect at the CDMA EVDO Rev A?
    02-05-09 09:12 AM
    You'll have to buy a tethering plan. I think if you have BIS its $30/month, if you have BES its $15/month.

ive also heard people had success using mobishark (Mobishark | Use your Blackberry as a Modem), but i cant speak for it personally. ive also heard people having their plan cut off and charged for tethering, since mobishark gets around that fee.
    02-05-09 09:15 AM
    great,thank you!
    02-05-09 11:59 PM
    It's seem like only support CDMA EVDO Rev 0, not Rev A
    02-06-09 12:27 AM
    It's seem like only support CDMA EVDO Rev 0, not Rev A
    It is Rev A. My data rep from VZW made it a big deal when the phone was released.
    02-06-09 12:31 AM
    if it works let us know. Does it only support wired or can it utilize wireless?
    02-06-09 01:40 AM
    I've used bluetooth to tether before. I don't do it often. Service inside my house sucks balls so when the network is really saturated I'll connect bluetooth abd set it on the window frame for less interference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 04:00 AM
    I didn't think it was bluetooth. I thought the storm acted as a typical wireless. I was just thinking that it might be worth it for my psp, I don't have a laptop.
    02-06-09 07:36 AM
    What about connecting as a modem for a Mac? Mobishark seems to be Windows only.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    02-06-09 09:17 AM

Doing a quick search for Mac Verizon Bluetooth I found this:

Using Bluetooth Phones with Mac
    02-06-09 09:37 AM
    Yes to USB connection to a system running Windows (XP, Vista, etc.) Yes to Bluetooth/USB on Mac. I've successfully done it and can confirm it works.

However, I've gotten the most success on both PC and Mac using the USB cable rather than bluetooth. It's faster, and the phone maintains its charge if you have it connected for a long time.
    02-06-09 09:49 AM

The MacBook and Blackberry Storm are a pair
    02-06-09 10:16 AM
    Anyone else but me had trouble making this work? I was on with the tech. guy for 2 hours and it still won't work. It says something like the computer can't find the phone. The last thing the guy said was to replace the cable. I loaded the V cast disc, that didn't work, then I unstalled it and downloaded it, still didn't work. I don't think its the cable because I can use the DM. I'm at a loss and pissed

Tim
    02-10-09 07:57 PM
    I use mine with the usb cable. I find the speed very good.

02-10-09 08:05 PM
    I use mine with the usb cable. I find the speed very good.

I was shocked at the speed. I had no idea this was this fast. Using the USB Cable here as well with the VCast software. Tried it on 2 different Laptops. Signal varied from full to 2 bars. No change in speed that I could see.
    02-10-09 08:17 PM
    Anyone else but me had trouble making this work? I was on with the tech. guy for 2 hours and it still won't work. It says something like the computer can't find the phone. The last thing the guy said was to replace the cable. I loaded the V cast disc, that didn't work, then I unstalled it and downloaded it, still didn't work. I don't think its the cable because I can use the DM. I'm at a loss and pissed

Tim
    Since you were on the line with the Tech guy I assume you verified this, but check and be sure you have "Verizon Wireless - VZAccess" as a standard model in your network connections. If so, then try to activate/connect it from you network connections while the phone is plugged in.
    02-10-09 08:23 PM
    No the tech guy didn't say anything about network connections. Where do I find that?
    02-10-09 08:58 PM
    its complicated if your trying to use vista. you have to enable admin rights to run the apps correctly. that might be an issue you run into. i helped test for our data consultants when the pearl launched. good times.
    02-10-09 09:05 PM
    I downloaded the free trial of Mobishark and can't get that to work either, I guess its just me. I wish a geek lived next door
    02-10-09 09:07 PM
    I finally got VZacess to work, It took an hour and a half on the phone with another tech guy. I had to uninstall the DM and the VZacess, then install VZacess first then the DM. He said it has happened before with Vista. The guy was super patient and knew his stuff. The Storm modem works better that I thought it would.

Tim
    02-11-09 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD