I finally got my replacement device last week, installed everything. The phone is absolutely brilliant with the new software upgrade.

I do have one issue, Im running quickpull, I have the memory thresh hold set to 15. I seem to do on average 3 to 4 pulls a day. Is this normal? We're not exactly rebooting a speed demon here LOL. Are there any known memory leaks that maybe I am missing? Anything I could possibly be doing to cause this? Don't get me wrong, I give this device one **** of a work out throughout the day!!

Any help would be great thanks!!!!
    11-04-09 03:17 PM
    What software are you running?

Options > about
    v x.x.x.xxx
    11-04-09 03:24 PM
    Sorry that might help. I'm running 5.0.0.328 platform 4.2.0.128 which was installed by verizon before I got the phone.

The apps I have are:

The weather channel
    QuickPull
    Google Sync (Manual Sync Option)
    App Store
    BerryBuzz
    Doodle (wasted application)
    App World (Do not recommend them for purchases!)
    echeckregister
    dictionary.com
    cropit (another wasted application)
    MemoryUp Pro (Doesn't seem to be helping with or without it)
    QuickLaunch (Love this app!)
    StormSlider (Do and don't like this, sometimes freezes up if you try to uplock while its rotating. Wish it was locked)

Sorry if this is more info than you need but I thought it might help.

Thanks again,
    Shannon
    11-04-09 03:36 PM
    I have the same OS and had a problem with memory. I just wiped it clean, uninstalled the OS from my PC, reinstalled the OS to my PC, Used Shrink-A-OS, then reinstalled it to my phone and gained a substantial amount of memory. If you wanted to gain memory that probably your best choice.
    Whats your Application Memory Free space? Options > Memory

This is a good thread to shrink - http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/how-shrink-os-348769/
    how to upgrade - http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/in...source-213706/
    what to erase - http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/wh...ink-os-288508/

If your not up for this then the only other thing is to unistall unneeded apps
    11-04-09 04:00 PM
    Ok so I followed all the information in the links to shrink my os and save some space (thanks for the advice btw). When I reinstalled everything back on the phone I ended up with all the files I removed during the shrink (ex. vz nav). Hmm was I not suppose to use the backup and restore feature?
    11-06-09 04:58 PM
    Did you downgrade or wipe the device before reinstalling the shrunk OS? If not, the stuff that you wanted gone will still be there because you are essentially just reinstalling to device and the same components.
    11-06-09 05:05 PM
    No I did a complete device wipe and started fresh.
    11-06-09 05:17 PM
    i have lik 16 MB left - -*

T__T
    11-06-09 05:47 PM
    What the **** do you guys do with your phones everday? I've had my phone almost two months and I have yet to do a battery pull and don't have quickpull. Today for instance, my memory has held steady at 48.5 - 48.4MB all day. I've played a bunch of games and did a bunch of texting.
    11-06-09 05:57 PM
    Well I finally got the shrink to work. This has made a huge difference in the memory on the phone. It's staying around 39mb though. I probably didn't remove enough in the shink, of well 39 is better than the 14 I kept falling to before. Are there any other major things I probably should have removed in the shrink?

What the **** do you guys do with your phones everday? I've had my phone almost two months and I have yet to do a battery pull and don't have quickpull. Today for instance, my memory has held steady at 48.5 - 48.4MB all day. I've played a bunch of games and did a bunch of texting.
    I give my phone one **** of a work out through the day. Maybe blackberry wasn't the best device choice since I do so much work and play with my phone but I do love it. I think some of the storms just have better memory than others, just like your typical computer, depends what they used when they made it. My last crappy storm was made in Mexico, this one says Canada. I think I prefer stuff made in Taiwan, they seem to know the trick LOL
    11-07-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD