Hello,

I got a new storm from Verizon last week. I love the phone. However, I noticed how quickly the battery life ran out while texting or being on the phone. I loose about 5% of battery life for every 5 mins texting or talking. I turned the GPS to 911 only, have the screen brigthness down to 10 and have the backlight timer down to 10 seconds.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to increase battery life or do you think I have a defective battery?

The only 3rd party apps i have are

G-mail
    Google Maps
    08-11-09 03:54 PM
    Wrong title on the thread
    08-11-09 03:55 PM
    try to keep the phone cool, if you have less than 2 bars consistently turn off all connections. Make sure bluetooth is off. Have it automatically turn on and off, when you let it charge, charge it to 100%, but unplug right after (don't let it sit in the charger)
    08-11-09 03:57 PM
    Change the phone to 1xev only. Turn off bluetooth. Dial *228 and press 2. Also make sure you don't got any apps running in the background that you are not using. Turn memory cleaner on. Clear you log. That made a difference for me. Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 04:14 PM
    Get meter berry even with very heavy use never seen more than 10% per hour. With reg use about 2 to 5% per hour. Meterberry alows you to see your discharge rate. Anything higher than I metioned is not normal. Though it has drained quickly the first couple days after an os upgrade not sure why but returned to normal within a few days.

08-11-09 05:26 PM
    Even that is way WAY WAY to fast for that to drain. That is definatly got to be a hardware issue.
    08-11-09 06:38 PM
    Just updated to .148 last thursday and my battery has only needed charged twice. This is with me using apps all day long. Don't worry about turning bluetooth off. It is not going to drain your battery. It is just allowing something (phone, headset, etc.) to pair up if you want it to. It is not an app using memory or battery life.

08-11-09 10:00 PM
    5min of texting = 5% of battery? Unreal. I can only imagine how many apps are running in the background while you text! Close em out, the calender, the browser, everything. Fixing the title to this thread would help you! It's quite possible your battery is a dud.
    08-11-09 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD