Is there a way to get music/movies from your computer to your phone for FREE? Also are there any apps that are free besides the ones that came with the phone such as google maps, facebook??
    12-07-08 12:53 PM
    Yes,

It is called Orb and it works incredibly well!

It is listed here among other good apps.

Tim
    12-07-08 12:59 PM
    link didnt show! can you post it again
    thanks
    12-07-08 01:01 PM
    Is there a way to get music/movies from your computer to your phone for FREE? Also are there any apps that are free besides the ones that came with the phone such as google maps, facebook??
    I think the link is Orb.com
    if you use this, you have to have a computer at home running all the time.

but are you talking about streaming music/movies, or just putting them on your device. If you just want to put them on, can't you just use the usb cable hooked to your computer?
    12-07-08 01:06 PM
    It is Orb.com. I found out that until I post 10 times on here, my links don't show up. Orb will let you stream any music, videos, pictures. Some have got it to work with XM and Sirius radio if you have an account to. But it is true that your computer has to be logged on. If you like radio, I highly recommend Flycast as well.

But page 2 of this forum is where you will find a thread that has been created to collect good apps in one spot. Again it is, Blackberry Storm OTA Apps Thread
    12-07-08 01:16 PM
    I want to transfer vids/music that are on my computer to my phone, not stream. Is this possible?
    12-07-08 03:27 PM
    I want to transfer vids/music that are on my computer to my phone, not stream. Is this possible?
    Yes. In Mass Storage mode, the phone acts like a hard drive on your computer when connected via USB.

Options -> Memory -> Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt.

Then just drag and drop files to the approriate directory
    12-07-08 03:35 PM
    Thanks! I'm going to try that right now on my Mac, will that work...?
    12-07-08 03:36 PM
    Thanks! I'm going to try that right now on my Mac, will that work...?
    I don't do Macs but once the phone is in mass storage mode, it acts like any usb hard drive.
    12-07-08 03:42 PM
    Wow this works great! Thanks!!
    12-07-08 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD