I've had the Storm since launch and just now noticed that the rear speaker / battery area of the phone is magnetized. A paperclip stuck to the back when I picked it up.
    I'm assuming this isn't just mine.
    04-05-10 02:37 PM
    Nope, you're not crazy. All speakers work by using a magnet.
    04-05-10 02:42 PM
    Nope, you're not crazy. All speakers work by using a magnet.
    Unless they are piezoelectric, but yeah the Storm's are magnet-coil-diaphragm speakers.
    04-05-10 03:39 PM
    Yes, that back magnet has always been magnetized. This is not a way of determining one Storm from the other.
    04-05-10 05:12 PM
    I think it's also the sleeper magnet that detects when the phone is in a holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 10:55 PM
    Thank you masahiro. I was about to say that. I discovered this about 6 months ago when I was an s1 user, the back is magnetic but then remove the back and its no longer magnetized. It works when electricity is applied that's why the phone has the gold contacts in the back of the battery cover. That's why it detects when its in a holster because of the cover. Try it. Put a magnet to the back and it will attract and put it in lock mode then remove it and it will unlock. The try the same thing with the cover off the phone and it will not stick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD