Hey guys, I'm not sure what I did, but its starting to get on my nerves.
    Currently I have the 9530 from bell with its official os v4.7.0.122 and Im loving my phone and all its flaws (yeah, there are some...)

Anyways, awhile back I had installed an app and for the life of me I cant remember what its called, but it helped with auto locking your phone once it timed out (keyboard locker or something like that). I eventually got rid of the app as I couldn't set the time past... oh... 15 minutes or so, and Id have to constantly unlock my phone every time I took it out of my pocket. Quite frustrating.

Ive also tried simply turning the app on and off and it kept autolocking. Like I said, I got rid of it.

Now, with the app gone, Im finding my phone haunted by this old app ! Id be listening to my music on my walk to work and goto change songs and somehow it locked. Id check the time on my phone at work, next second its locked. The screen dims down then finally goes black, press a button and its locked. Argh !

If theres anything I can do to stop it from automatically locking that Im not aware of, Id love to hear it.

Thanks !
    -Matt
    05-23-09 12:42 AM
    It seems like you didn't really get rid of it if it's still doing this.

Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications. Look in there. If you see it in that list, it's still on your phone, obviously. To fully delete it, highlight it, press the BB/menu button and select Delete.

Good luck.
    05-23-09 12:44 AM
    Hey, I took a look at the application list and I dont see it there.
    Oddly enough my phone doesn't lock at some points, but does at others.
    Especially when I'm listening to music which WAS earlier (May 22nd)

Either I'm going crazy or my phone is

It did how ever change some permissions when I installed it, but I'm guessing once you delete and app
    those permissions reset. Not entirely sure.
    05-23-09 01:00 AM
    If u have password: options > password > security timeout > set increment higher, e.g., 30mins/1hr & lock handheld upon holstering > no (?ur choice).

If no password...battery pull (w/device ON)!

That's all i've got.
    05-23-09 02:01 AM
    Y'know what, I tried to make a video and the camera froze, thus forcing me to do a battery pull with the phone on.

And now it doesn't lock on its own.
    Thanks a bunch though !
    05-23-09 02:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD