Clean the screen OMIE

How ya been buddy. Hit me up with a PM when you have time
    10-29-08 09:50 PM
    0mie whats your take on the phone? Do you agree with BGR? (with the quality of the phone, and of the late-Nov release?)
    10-29-08 09:52 PM
    "The reps have stated the phone is �coming before the Holidays.�"

Crap... that pretty much confirms that a release date is NOT going to be announced tonight. What a joke this launch is turning out to be.
    10-29-08 09:54 PM
    damn damn damn. i wish i was there!!! drove by a few hours ago and the line was huge. =( .... now seeing all these pics from people there is making me super jelous
    10-29-08 09:56 PM
    Are you joking. . .

"8:03PM: We’ve got a side shot here of the BlackBerry Storm, and we do have to say, it feels good when you hold it. Though, it does feel a tad bit cheap, we’re sure we could get over that if the darn touch screen wasn’t so laggy. BG just told me this is what he experienced when he used the device a while ago, so we’re really hoping the final software build will rectify this problem."
    10-29-08 10:07 PM
    ...how come every review so far has been positive... and BGR has had it for about 20 minutes and have had nothing but negative remarks?
    10-29-08 10:11 PM
    i give up

im getting an iphone

peace verizon, peace rim..or should i say msft...enjoy the takeover and the changing of your thanksgiving
    10-29-08 10:12 PM
    Are you joking. . .

Who is that question towards.?

BG?

Maybe post it on his site to get an answer... Not sure how this turned into a BG live Blog on here...... Weird huh...?

...how come every review so far has been positive... and BGR has had it for about 20 minutes and have had nothing but negative remarks?

Not sure but maybe send him a message on his site and see what he has to say.
    Last edited by yester18; 10-29-08 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Spelling..... Grrrrr
    10-29-08 10:12 PM
    Who is that question towards.?

BG?

Maybe post it on his site to get an answer... Not sure how this turned into a BG live Blog on here...... Weird huh...?
    Was that directed at me? My question was rhetorical. I already know the answer.
    10-29-08 10:13 PM
    "So far guys, the screen is f*ing amazing and the resolution is great! The touch is cool and the whole screen actually presses down. It is a nice glass screen from the feel of things. Will post more impressions later! Can’t comment when the band is rocking, really! But so far, impressions are GOOD."

Marc Flores posted that on BGR.
    Last edited by Jdane07; 10-29-08 at 10:34 PM.
    10-29-08 10:27 PM
    BG immediately pulls Marc aside:

"MARC!! What are you DOING?! You're supposed to say it SUCKS!"
    10-29-08 10:33 PM
    BG immediately pulls Marc aside:

"MARC!! What are you DOING?! You're supposed to say it SUCKS!"
    So now he is:

On Oct 29, 2008 @ 11:40 pm, Marc Flores Said:

Alright so I jumped away from the show cuz I couldn�t help myself. Had to play with the device more. The screen and resolution is the only thing that impressed. That was about it. The novelty of the screen getting pressed down wore off when I tried to send an SMS. Terrible and lag. Imagine trying to send a text from the new Macbook trackpad. Yeah. Crappy. The overall impression now that I�ve gotten some alone time while people listen to the show is average at best. If they gave me one free tonight, check eBay in the morning.

Posted from BGR Mobile on iPhone from: Click here to set location�
    10-29-08 10:44 PM
    BGR is at it again with his great VzW product reviews:

"We�ve got a hands on! First impressions are that the touch screen isn�t that great. The technology is cool, and the localized haptic feedback is impressive, but� it kind of seems like a pain to use?"

"7:34PM: The screen is absolutely gorgeous. We�d even say possibly better than the Bold! Now, the device is not running a final software build, but there�s a lot of missed touch inputs and the touch sensitivity is really terrible. There�s also a ton of lag when touching the screen. We�re going to try and mess with the touch settings in Options."
    When Kevin did his review at Crackberry he mentioned that scrolling around the screen required a different technique than the flick gesture of the iPhone. If they are trying to do iPhone flicks and it's not responding the same way I can see them mistaking it for poor response.
    10-29-08 10:45 PM
    So now he is:
    Simply amazing that no other review has been ANY where near what they are saying!
    10-29-08 10:47 PM
    Which begs the question, why on earth would VZW throw such a lavish event--a RELEASE PARTY-- if the phone is THAT BAD?

Average at best????

Well... 30 extremely positive reviews, and 1 really crappy review. Throw out the extremes on both ends and you are still left with 29 really positive reviews! Fine by me.
    Last edited by davemathbn; 10-29-08 at 10:51 PM. Reason: typo... I'm a writer/editor by profession. :)
    10-29-08 10:49 PM
    Iphone fanboys at their best. The rest of the world is saying its awesome.
    10-29-08 10:51 PM
    --a RELEASE PARTY--
    It's not a "release" party. It's a launch party. Big difference.
    10-29-08 11:00 PM
    i give up

im getting an iphone

peace verizon, peace rim..or should i say msft...enjoy the takeover and the changing of your thanksgiving
    yeah, think i may be joining you, if this is true seems like its gonna be bold/att all over again
    10-29-08 11:03 PM
    I just posted this in the front page comments, but I figured I would relay it here. Let me add this after reading some of the blog at BGR. They are def being very very hard on the device. To me it seems like the phone will take some getting used to, but will be very very cool once you get things down. I wouldn't doubt a late NOV release though after using it tonight.

I wouldn't rip BGR too much for the build that I used tonight. I got to the launch around 815 which would have been perfect timing if I wasn't tired and annoyed from getting lost and searching for parking for 30 minutes.

I walked right into avalon with no line what so ever, and luckily queens of stone age were already playing. This allowed me to step right up and play with a storm right away.

Conditions to try one out wasn't great as I felt hurried and crowded. I'm assuming this is the kind of device thats gonna take some getting used and i'm still very excited for it. What I did try was clicking the contacts and the video player. My first touch took a couple clicks to bring up the contact list, and the screen wasn't exactly rotating very fast. Like BGR said it was kind of buggy, but unlike him I don't think its going to be an issue when the final builds is released. What concerned me and my big fingers was when I tried typing a message. I typed...errr tried typing my name, and it took about 3 tries before I quit trying. Sorry I didn't play with it any longer, but I wasn't drinking and I wanted to hear myself think again. I could care less about watching a concert sober and by myself so I took off.

I did see one of the chicks from that new 90210 show. Def the highlight of the night(no offense to the storm).
    10-29-08 11:33 PM
    I was also at the launch and really thought the "click" screen was very unique and cool. It would need practice but feels better than the iphone for sure.
    10-30-08 01:44 AM
    I got to touch it..... it was super cool and the screen looked awesome!

FOO FIGHTERS ROCKED THE HOUSE!!!!!

and now I'm deaf..............
    10-30-08 01:47 AM
121 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD