I unfortunately had to leave work early today and missed out on Storm training. Wife had a temp of 101 and I had to watch my 2 kids. That aside I was able to speak to someone that had the training yesterday and I was told the training dept. didn't have any Storms and they were suppose to be getting them on the 14th. I played with my AD's storm about 2 wks ago. Also, I was originally told Nov 3 but I'm starting to think its been pushed back to around the 15-17.

As for the training if I remember right all trainings were to be done by this sat. Which could leave a Nov 3 release still very possible.
    Maybe they are trying to get it out before the 4th when AT&T releases the Bold.
    10-29-08 01:28 PM
    It's at the Avalon in Hollywood. Basically you get a text, you reply with your name and it puts your phone# and name on a guest list. When you get to the venue, you have to show them the text and verify your name and phone number.
    What time is it at? Just curious if I would even be able to get up there early enough, if I get a ticket.

Big fan of QOTSA.
    10-29-08 01:44 PM
    What time is it at? Just curious if I would even be able to get up there early enough, if I get a ticket.

Big fan of QOTSA.
    It starts at 7:30 pm
    10-29-08 01:56 PM
    I don't know about anyone else but I'm still hanging on to the release date of 11/2 given by Kevin Byrne on two separate occasions. When Nov. 2 comes and goes without a Storm, I will then look to the 9th and then the 16th.
    The 11-2 date has been pushed back to the 16th.
    10-29-08 01:57 PM
    Are people still receiving text messages then?
    So I shouldn't give up hope yet?

It feels like such a waste to live in LA and not be able to go to this.
    10-29-08 01:58 PM

Why are launch parties always so early???

Have the friggin party then release the phone!!!
    10-29-08 02:00 PM
    I'm still having hopes of the phone coming out well before the 16th.
    10-29-08 02:06 PM
    if there having a launch party when should we expect they tell when this phone is coming out next week?
    10-29-08 02:10 PM
    Well, wasn't the launch party for the Bold a couple weeks ago?
    So it looks like Verizon is going to take the same route.....throw a launch party, but release the phone weeks from now.
    10-29-08 02:14 PM
    Can you share about any possibilities of ordering online before hand? For regular people or for those with corporate discounts?
    10-29-08 02:15 PM
    Hey can someone help me out with this. I received that winning text this morning, and i'm confused about the whole guest list thing. Am I suppossed to respond to that text about the first 800 people with my name and number? Or just show them the text with my name and number at the door?
    10-29-08 02:46 PM
    The "only Verizon subscribers win theory" is out the window by the way. My sister has tmobile and also got the invite back.
    10-29-08 02:48 PM
    Hey can someone help me out with this. I received that winning text this morning, and i'm confused about the whole guest list thing. Am I suppossed to respond to that text about the first 800 people with my name and number? Or just show them the text with my name and number at the door?
    Show them the text along with your name and number (as in you have to provide proof that it's you and not someone else) . It does sound weird though. I re-read it again and it sounds like only the first 800 people to text back get in.

Just make sure that you texted your full name, so you get on the list.
    10-29-08 03:09 PM
    Show them the text along with your name and number (as in you have to provide proof that it's you and not someone else) . It does sound weird though. I re-read it again and it sounds like only the first 800 people to text back get in.

Just make sure that you texted your full name, so you get on the list.
    Now that I read it again, it's pretty ambigious. It could either mean the first 800 to text back will get in, or the first 800 at the door who replied to the text will get in. If it's the first 800 people who texted, does that mean that if we got a reply we're in? Has anybdoy replied to the original message and not gotten anything back?
    10-29-08 03:23 PM
    Yeah you have to reply with your name and number to the 800 people msg, then you get another message stating your on the list and that you have to be 1 of first 800 to show this message at the door.
    10-29-08 03:30 PM
    Yeah you have to reply with your name and number to the 800 people msg, then you get another message stating your on the list and that you have to be 1 of first 800 to show this message at the door.
    I think the question people are having now is whether it'st he first 800 people who texted back the ones getting or if it's the first 800 at the door to show the text.
    10-29-08 03:51 PM
    How about both? I wonder how many people actually texted back with their full name and phone number?

Tricky Tricky...

^^Are you going?
    10-29-08 03:58 PM
    I just ended up doing both. I texted back my name and number and got the same message about the 800 people back. Then a few minutes later another one saying thank you, and pretty much the same thing. Just to bring the text with obviously your name and number. I'm still not sure if this means the text alone gets me in or if theres actually a guest list with names also.
    10-29-08 04:02 PM
    Hey there's no age limit right!? Avalon is normally a club and I'm 20. Pleeeeease don't be 21 and over. I'll be 21 in a month. Anybody know!?
    10-29-08 04:09 PM
    I went to the DJ AM concert a couple weeks ago, and it was 18 and up. I think most concert events are the same there.
    Last edited by louiedawg; 10-29-08 at 04:18 PM. Reason: hit the post button by mistake
    10-29-08 04:17 PM
    Goddd... I live in the in Eastern Standard Time. I really don't wanna have to stay up til like midnight waiting for some news. Oh well. I'll gladly do it for the storm.

p.s. there better be a price and release date involved in this shindig.
    10-29-08 04:18 PM
    Ok thanks louie
    10-29-08 04:24 PM
    I'm just really hoping for a price and a release date.
    10-29-08 04:28 PM
    If I get any info I'll post it on here. I'll take my camera too.
    10-29-08 04:30 PM
    ok i'll be checking this forum all night then refreshing every 5 seconds...
    ok i'm a tad bit obsessed with this phone
    10-29-08 04:47 PM
121 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD