From the Foo Fighters mailing list:

ATTENTION SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FOO FANS!

Special Show – Los Angeles
    This Wednesday, October 29th

We’re inviting our most rabid fans in Southern California to a free special event tomorrow night!

Blackberry Storm Launch Party
    With Foo Fighters and Queens Of The Stone Age

Holy %@*$!!! So how do you become one of these very, very lucky people?

FIRST, YOU MUST QUALIFY FOR THE FOLLOWING:

- YOU MUST BE IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT, OCTOBER 29TH
    - Text BBSTORM to 66937 to register for the Launch Party

If you win, you will be notified by Wednesday at 9am via text message with instructions on how to claim your ticket. You will also be told the location of the show.

Check it out!

You will be required to:

- give your name
    - phone number
    - present your MOBILE TICKET at the door to gain entry to the show

BlackBerry� Storm™ Party in Los Angeles With Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stone Age 10/29/08

ONCE YOU COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR THE BLACKBERRY STORM CONCERT ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 29th, YOU WILL BE NOTIFED BY WEDNESDAY, OCT 29th at 9 AM TO RECEIVE AN OFFICIAL CONCERT TICKET, ALONG WITH THE VENUE LOCATION AND INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REDEEM.
    Foo Fighters music was in various Storm videos so this makes sense.
    10-28-08 11:03 PM
    I'm registered. Dang the release must be close.
    10-28-08 11:09 PM
    I don't know about anyone else but I'm still hanging on to the release date of 11/2 given by Kevin Byrne on two separate occasions. When Nov. 2 comes and goes without a Storm, I will then look to the 9th and then the 16th.
    10-28-08 11:21 PM
    Your know your band is washed up when people come to see a phone more than they come to see you lol.

also those of us not going are jealous, but have a good time ya'all. Free storms for those that attend? That'd be nice.
    -Rik
    10-28-08 11:35 PM
    The Fighters of Foo and QOTSA? Dude, I'm totally there. Only in LA man.......(or the OC in my scenario, lol).

btw........Queens of the Stone Age and Foo Fighters are far from being "washed up"..... but that's just me
    Last edited by HBcubs; 10-28-08 at 11:45 PM.
    10-28-08 11:39 PM
    i'm a n00b here to crackberry, but i must chime in that i agree with hbcubs, those two bands are far from being washed up... but to each their own :-)

and yeah, that would be sweet if the release is sooner than later....
    10-28-08 11:51 PM
    Hmm...this is pretty interesting. I guess we'll see some cool stuff come tomorrow night.

Both bands rock, by the way.
    10-29-08 12:13 AM
    So if it's called the launch party, the phone should be out tomorrow? I Don't get that.
    10-29-08 03:18 AM
    So if it's called the launch party, the phone should be out tomorrow? I Don't get that.
    Not always. Launch parties can mean they just want to introduce the public to it...not let us get our hands on it!
    10-29-08 06:06 AM
    Release date doesn't seem likely this weekend...i mean, it takes at least a day to mail it and another day to get it into inventory/sales

does anyone remember when training is supposed to be finished for verizon employees? I believe the date is definitely not by this week and indicates a likely 15th release...
    10-29-08 06:08 AM
    Your know your band is washed up when people come to see a phone more than they come to see you lol.

also those of us not going are jealous, but have a good time ya'all. Free storms for those that attend? That'd be nice.
    -Rik
    OH MAN!!!! why couldn't they do this in NYC?! Oh well, when you lucky west coast guys go you HAVE to post how it went!

Ohh yeah... and sorry to say, but Foo Fighters are FAR from washed up...

maybe you should hit replay on your air supply CD!!!
    10-29-08 06:14 AM
    Release date doesn't seem likely this weekend...i mean, it takes at least a day to mail it and another day to get it into inventory/sales

does anyone remember when training is supposed to be finished for verizon employees? I believe the date is definitely not by this week and indicates a likely 15th release...
    everyone at the stores around here in Portland OR are telling me that they should all have there training done by the 1st.
    10-29-08 06:45 AM
    Wow - that's going to be one **** of a party. FF and QOTSA aren't washed up. I'm sure the crowd will be 50/50 though - there for the BB or the bands - LOL
    10-29-08 07:53 AM
    And to be fair, John Mayer shows have BB presence and he is NOT washed up either.
    10-29-08 08:28 AM
    FF and QoTSA are far from washed up...the Foo is one of the biggest selling bands of this era.

This is good news anyway you slice it....the time is coming soon....
    10-29-08 08:34 AM
    So I'm guessing that a release date and price would HAVE to be announced at this thing tonight... it would be kinda stupid if they didn't.
    10-29-08 09:20 AM
    So I'm guessing that a release date and price would HAVE to be announced at this thing tonight... it would be kinda stupid if they didn't.
    yeah...a launch party with no date or price would be really stupid!!!!

so i guess tonight will be another long night on crackberry...looking for some good news! ha ha ha
    10-29-08 09:33 AM
    I just called CS and said so there's a launch party 2night what does that mean for the release and the lady had nothing...she actully seemed kinda surprised i knew about the launch party
    10-29-08 09:40 AM
    Ok I'm on the list but they don't let you bring a friend? I dunno if I wanna go by myself. Will it be worth it?
    10-29-08 10:11 AM
    So I just got a text stating that I won the ticket........however, in order to get in, you have to be one of the first 800 and show the winning text message.
    10-29-08 10:11 AM
    yes...you will be the hero who gets to tell all of us some good news!!!!
    10-29-08 10:13 AM
    Ehhh.... I have high expectations. I wanna leave with a Storm haha. I told my gf to text it too so she can try to go but it might be too late. It's lame how they don't let you bring a guest. I dunno if I wanna go by myself.
    10-29-08 10:15 AM
    I agree, I just got a text saying I won, I have to be there before 400 other people show up... hmmm... what's the likeliness of that happening??
    Plus no guest?! I really don't want to go alone
    10-29-08 10:18 AM
    Ok I'm on the list but they don't let you bring a friend? I dunno if I wanna go by myself. Will it be worth it?
    You will probably get a free Storm -

Wish they would have this in the NoVA area -
    10-29-08 10:19 AM
    I also "won" a ticket but am wondering, what are the chances of getting in? My husband didn't win a ticket (we both texted the number last night). BUT this morning, he texted my response and got the same auto message as me that he has to show that text and be one of the first 800 people to get in. Are they really going to turn away all those people?
    10-29-08 10:25 AM
121 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD