Ok, I like my Storm and all, but no matter what OS I have used, when tilting the screen, it ALWAYS lags. When I tilt the phone, I need to shake it for it to respond that I have rotated it. Does anyone else have this issue? Just this flaw alone make me want to pitch the phone.
    07-08-09 08:23 PM
    You could always try using StopTilt or something like that if you prefer to use it in one mode vs. the other.

I've noticed a decrease in tilt-lag with every OS upgrade I've done, with .148 being the best by far. Is that what you're running now?
    07-08-09 08:56 PM
    Could be bad hardware. Get it replaced. That's not normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 10:40 PM
    Ya I have yet to update but me to it lags like crazy
    I need a new storm cause this ones a piece of junk
    07-08-09 11:03 PM
    I noticed this too on mine today. I couldn't get it to go portrait view while in home screen but I was in a hurry at the time. It was fine though when I turned it slowly.

2 things I noticed though:
    Tilts faster going from Portrait to Landscape
    Tilt lags when going from Landscape to Portrait

I have the LEVEL application and noticed the air bubble responds the same way as well. Air bubble moves fast from portrait to landscape and lags for 2 seconds when going back the other way.

In summary, it takes about 1 second to go to landscape and 2 seconds to go back to portrait. But eventually it gets there and sometimes it helps to tilt is slower. This is not an issue for me though.
    07-08-09 11:04 PM
    I notice that when going from landscape into portrait, it will switch much quicker if you turn Storm so that it is vertical to the floor. In other words, pointing straight up.
    07-08-09 11:23 PM
    I used to have the problem from landscape to portrait all the the time. I would have to totally flip it, then back to portrait. i just did a hybrid upgrade and it's had minimal lag. Just do the research on upgrading. It's a day's process of researching and psyching yourself ready for it. But I was glad I did it.
    07-08-09 11:35 PM
    Yeah i also have this lag but i bare with it for now hope when the newer OS comes out it will b better
    07-09-09 12:25 AM
    couldnt said lag be caused by low memory?
    07-09-09 12:37 AM
    I got that same issue, its these OS's that's all

07-09-09 03:20 AM
    I got that same issue, its these OS's that's all

Not true. The majority of people on .148 have little to no issues. Ive never had a accelerometer speed issue. Might be the amount of app memory available.
    07-09-09 10:10 AM
    Could be bad hardware. Get it replaced. That's not normal.

It's definitely normal, especially when the RAM gets low.
    07-09-09 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD