I currently have a 8703, but considering a Storm. I'm a bit concerned about the Storm keyboard size though. I can manipulate the 8703 fine, but the Storm seems a bit difficult to manipulate when I tried it at a Verizon store. I'm not sure if I just need to get used to the Storm keypad, or my thumbs are just too big period. ANY EXPERIENCES OUT THERE Thanks!!
    12-01-08 10:35 AM
    You get used to it. I couldn't type to save my life on this at first, but i'm pretty good now. Still not as easy as typing on my curve though. I miss my curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 10:43 AM
    I used an 8830 for a bit over a week before I got the storm. I find that the keys are at least as big as those on the 8830 and, more importantly for me, are spaced further apart on a wider keyboard. I find typing to be more comfortable because of this (my hands don't get cramped up).

I can't answer whether you personally will fat finger the keyboard or not, but I'm doing acceptably well. I didn't have much experience on a regular bb keyboard before this though, so your mileage may vary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 10:44 AM
    as far as i know, its the largest touch screen keyboard... about twice as big as the iphone keyboard.

But yes, it takes a few hours or days to get used to it, depending on what type of person you are. For me... well, I've always played games, I'm a computer programmer and I'm technologically inclined so it only took me a few hours. I think it would take my wife a few days =)
    12-01-08 10:45 AM
    At first I sucked at typing on my Curve but I got used to it and could type as fast as on a normal keyboard. With the Storm, there is obviously the same learning curve. But you learn to adapt to the new keyboard and now I am proud to say I am typing just as fast as on my Curve!
    12-01-08 10:45 AM
    I have big fingers and thought I would have problems, I realized that I just had to get used to it now I am moving a long quite well. It only took me a day or two to get acclimated.
    12-01-08 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD