Key delay= the delay between pressing each key. You can also interpret it as typing speed. You can find the options in Options->Screen/Keyboard and scorll down...
    Ok, thanks for the input. What's key delay ? And where do I find it ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 05:11 PM
    First, turn on auto correction, and correct the misspelled words at the end.
    Second, you need to get use to it, make sure you don't do cross typing too often.
    Last, always lift your finger after click.
    If you follow those rules, you can probably type much faster.
    Also, in Options-Screen/Keyboard, change Key Rate and Key Delay to Fast!
    Changing the Key rate to "Fast" has seemed to help things a fair bit. My typing speed seems to have improved a significant amount.

Thanks

11-16-08 06:03 PM
    Glad it helped! I think you'll find it easier after a couple of days of learning curve. Have you turned on auto correction in Messages->Options->Spell Check? This should help quite a bit as well. Again, you need some time to get used to it. Have fun!

Changing the Key rate to "Fast" has seemed to help things a fair bit. My typing speed seems to have improved a significant amount.

Thanks

11-16-08 06:12 PM
    Spell check was on by default and I been using it for two days now. as soon as i turned on the "Fast" key rate I was in business.
    11-16-08 06:18 PM
    Great! Hey Ash, do you mind editing this thread to include this piece of tweak, so ppl could benefit reading it?
    Spell check was on by default and I been using it for two days now. as soon as i turned on the "Fast" key rate I was in business.
    11-16-08 06:22 PM
    Good idea. I'll edit the first post !!!!
    11-16-08 06:24 PM
    Great! Hey Ash, do you mind editing this thread to include this piece of tweak, so ppl could benefit reading it?
    Ash is a cranky ol bloke. I thought he had switched the rates already but obviously hadn't. I'm glad you said something because I've been telling him for months how good this device is and am the one who talked him into getting it and he's finally liking it.
    11-16-08 06:30 PM
    Yeah well... I've had an iPod Touch for about 6 months and I STILL can't get used to typing on it, so am I worried about typing on the Storm??? Heck no!
    Ditto on that big D. I love my touch but hate the keyboard. It is too soft to the touch so I'm kind of looking forward to the push and click.
    11-16-08 06:33 PM
    Yeah well... I've had an iPod Touch for about 6 months and I STILL can't get used to typing on it, so am I worried about typing on the Storm??? Heck no!
    Well now that I changed that damn setting it feels like a different phone all together !!!

Once of the main reasons that I didn't go for the iphone was that damn keyboard, but I can tell you IM REASONABLY HAPPY WITH THE STORMS NOW.

Ash is a cranky ol bloke. I thought he had switched the rates already but obviously hadn't. I'm glad you said something because I've been telling him for months how good this device is and am the one who talked him into getting it and he's finally liking it.
    Cranky .... me .... No I'm not, I'm beautiful !!!!! As for not changing the key rates, I think we are out of touch with our Jedi Mind tricks cause I missed it ... lol.
    11-16-08 06:42 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD