So i was out on the road. got a notification that there was a new version of Poynt out from Blackberry App World. i clicked upgrade, it downloaded and then prompted me to reboot.

No the phone keeps rebooting. it won't even load all the way to the Home Screen. i Cannot connect to it with JL_Cmder, can't wipe, can't seem to do anything.

Does ANYBODY have any ideas? any help is very much appreciated. i used it everyday for business and kind of crippled without it.
    08-27-09 10:59 AM
    you can reboot in safe mode and delete the new version of poynt. pull the battery and as you put it back in hold the power key until you see the prompt asking if you want to restart in safe mode

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 11:07 AM
    i must admit i was really excited when i saw your reply, but i just tried it twice and i dont get any prompt. perhaps it reboots before it even gets to that prompt.

how long do you typically need to hold down the power button before you get that prompt?
    08-27-09 11:18 AM
    think it's the back button, not power. Could be wrong though
    08-27-09 11:20 AM
    take the battery out leave it out for 15-30 seconds. when you put it back in after the red light goes out hold the escape key ( my apologies not the end key) until you see the prompt

08-27-09 11:21 AM
    yea it is i knew it was the escape key but typed the wrong one :-/

08-27-09 11:22 AM
    just tried it 3 times with the same results.

take battery out for 1 minute, red light comes on, red light goes off, black screen w/ spinning clock (hourglass), white screen w/ spinning clock (hourglass), error pops up for split second and phone shuts off.

i have tried holding the escape/back button after the red light goes off, and just holding it from the second i put the battery in with no luck.

i'm desperate here.
    08-27-09 11:40 AM
    Then reload the os but to make life easier just take it back for a replacement. Hope you backed up all your stuff

08-27-09 11:42 AM
    i guess i will have to take it back. i can't even reload the os. can't get into the phone, or anything. sigh.
    08-27-09 11:58 AM
    Smc. That happened to me and they had to replace my phone. I know your frustration.

08-27-09 01:40 PM
    ive tried that like four times on my storm cant get the prompt....
    08-27-09 04:12 PM
    okay nevermind FYI hold down the escape key until the white screen pops up once the storm loads it will load in safe mode... there is no prompt..
    08-27-09 04:15 PM
    How about a reload Os.
    08-27-09 04:26 PM
    The only prompt is when the device finishes booting up and homescreen is loaded

08-27-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD