Hi everybody. I am a new BB user and new to this this site and I don't have any BB experience so I'd like to ask some questions about my device and its services.

A month ago I got my very first BB device (Storm 9500) and I got some minor problems with it. 1st. My carrier is Vodafone Greece, and every time I tried to ask them questions about my BB they barely give me any correct answer, so here's my no1 question. If I update my storm with the new OS update .113 from the internet will it support my carrier in my country or all of the settings won't comply with those fixed by Vodafone Greece? I really want to do an update for my device IS lagging and self rebooting sometimes when watching media. Also when I press the lock key, some times the password field comes up when I pick it up and some times it doesn't is this a bug or what?

Also yesterday I activated BIS and I my signal became GPRS (gprs was as default before activation). What I need to know is when there is no 3G coverage BB uses GPRS to connect, is there any extra charge for that? And what about WAP push? I saw in the Host Route table that WAP push is enabled and APN also...is there gonna be any extra charge? For I heard in Greece some other users using WIND carrier had extra charge for something called OFF LINE DATA or something and then they found out that their APN was the reason of that....I don't know if that's true or if that's the reason but like I said I m totally new to all these and I would like to know.

Thanx in advance
    04-08-09 06:49 AM
    updating the OS and still being supported should not be a problem. so go for it the leaked OS's are much better and make the storm feel like a completly new phone.

as for the second question i cannot see you being charged extra especially if you have unlimited data plan. but cannot say for sure..

also welcome to blackberry!!!
    04-08-09 08:49 AM
    Thanx a bunch for making things clear

So in order to update the OS do I first need to backup my stuff? By the way, let's say I update it but something goes wrong with my carrier settings, will I be able to run back its previous OS? I'm just kinda scared doing cuz Vodafone Greece is really strict with all that and I m worried that they have fixed settings in my BB and that I might lose em all by updating....But I want the green light for I have been very frustrated lately with all them bugs and lags

And one more question (still thousands to come ) Today I downloaded the youtube app for my storm but when I execute it and try to watch something it gives me an error saying PlayerException: Error Initializing media. Cause: javax.microedition.media.MediaException: Error initializing media. can anyone help please?

And by the way thank you for welcoming me to BB community
    04-08-09 04:30 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/

Follow these instructions to a T, and you should be fine. Welcome.
    04-08-09 04:48 PM
    Thanx a bunch DrewCSchultz for the info,I found it useful with a quick glance. Cheers
    04-08-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD