I'm currently with Verizon and am thinking of switching to Alltel and porting my Storm over. I have insurance on the phone right now. How will that work with the switch to Alltel? I just know that as soon as I get ported over something will go wrong with my Storm and I don't want to be SOL if that happens.
    06-23-09 04:10 PM
    im sure verizon wont insure a phone on a different service... why would you switch to alltel?
    06-23-09 04:12 PM
    im sure verizon wont insure a phone on a different service... why would you switch to alltel?
    This is a good question since Verizon isn't the insurance carrier, Verizon only handles warranty service not insurance claims. Unfortunately I don't know the answer and I recommend the OP call the insurance carrier.
    06-23-09 04:16 PM
    Verizon doesn't insure the phone assurion does you need to call them. VZW provides warranty replacements, and why switch to alltell VZW owns them.
    06-23-09 04:16 PM
    But didn't verizon buy alltel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 04:22 PM
    I'm currently with Verizon and am thinking of switching to Alltel and porting my Storm over. I have insurance on the phone right now. How will that work with the switch to Alltel? I just know that as soon as I get ported over something will go wrong with my Storm and I don't want to be SOL if that happens.
    It puzzles me to no end why someone would come to a user forum to ask this type of question. Why not call Verizon and/or Alltel and ask them this question. The odds are greater that you will get a viable answer. Since the insurance is through Asurion, you could even give them a call and ask the question.

(I've beem having really severe chest pains for the past several days. Should I go to the doctor or the hospital. I don't plan on doing anything until some of the knowledgeable folks in this forum give me the answer)

I know, I know, I should have searched first, but why bother.
    06-23-09 04:24 PM
    Simply call customer service...
    06-23-09 04:34 PM
    Just call Asurion.
    I don't know if Asurion covers Alltel phones.
    If they do, you may be able to go over to Alltel and keep the insurance.
    I don't know this for a fact but if they don't insure Alltel phones, maybe there is. Way for you to pay Asurion directly and keep the insurance.

Let me know what you find out as I am curious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 05:00 PM
    Well if your leaving Verizon and they collect the fee for the insurance I would think that the insurance would terminate. Now you would have to see if Asurion would allow Alltel to "port" over the insurance, so I guess a quick call to Asurion would give you the answer you seek.
    06-23-09 05:11 PM
    Ok thanks guys. I will try to contact them. As to why I am switching to Alltel, first off, I live in SD so Alltel will become ATT, not Verizon. Second, my contract would be over 30 dollars a month cheaper with Alltel for the same thing. And third, Alltel has coverage in the town that my wife just got a job in and Verizon doesn't.
    06-23-09 05:33 PM
    MarcSt is right. The insurance is terminated when the contract ends with the carrier.
    06-23-09 06:39 PM
    It seems like Asurion does work with Alltel to insure Alltel devices. If you ask them, I don't see why they wouldn't let you.

06-23-09 06:54 PM
    Ok so I called Asurion and the insurance will not transfer. Which I think is a huge ripoff, but oh well. One last question, my phone is not a year old yet, so it still has manufacturer warranty on it. Will I still be able to use that if I switch to Alltel?
    06-25-09 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD