Well, it's been 12 days and I'm still a Storm owner As I aways do with any device. I test the heck out of it (before my 30 days runs out). Coming from the LG Dare, the touch was a little different. But I really like the suretouch screen. Construction is solid and the features are rich (by my standards anyway).

My only gripes were getting used to some lag issues. Learning to turn off the apps when finished. Trying to figure why can't get Microsoft Works Calendar or Windows Calendar to sync with my BB. Finally, why my "to go" subsciption to Rhapsody won't allow me to share my music on the store. For some music I am asked to pay, yet my BB is recognized as a shared device. Can it be an issue with Vista 64 bit?

Today went over to the AT&T to try out the iphone. Now I need to preface this by stating that I have been a di-hard mac user since 1986. Only as of this year have I ever owned a PC. So, I figured that the iphone had to be a must right? Well, not so fast. The iphone is an elegant piece of technology that happens to be on the wrong wireless carrier (for me). As always, the sealed battery and lack of interchangable memory are major deal breakers for me. The touch screen while nice, was a bit oversensitive for me. As was he case with my Dare. The Storm just feels right.

For fun, I even tried the Tour. While I really want to like it, I can't get past the trackball, smaller screen size and tight keyboard layout. I kept pressing 2 keys by mistake and I'm not by any means a fast typist. I guess I'm one of the few who love the tough screen phones.

Anyway, that's all I got for now. Just a simple guys impression.

Mike
    10-05-09 08:14 PM
    Mike,

Thanks for your thoughts. Any reason you didn't wait for the new Storm? Do you use your phone for personal or business reasons?
    10-05-09 08:20 PM
    Good comparision Mike. I think most agree on the issues for the devices you brought up.

Hang around for awhile and read up on using leaked OS and the many good tips in the "tips and how to section" and you will probably love your storm even more.
    10-05-09 08:20 PM
    Mike,

Thanks for your thoughts. Any reason you didn't wait for the new Storm? Do you use your phone for personal or business reasons?
    Honestly, I didn't know the the Storm 2 was coming out until 2 days after owning the storm 1. Truthfully though, I don't know If I want to shell out $250-? on even the Storm 2. I paid $150 for my Storm and will be getting the $100 visa soon enough. Wifi, isn't an issue since I use the Cat 5 cable at work. My storm is use for a little of both Work/home. For me a phone has to be a phone first and a gadget second. My needs are pretty simple, phone, email, texting, notes, calendar, ez tip calculator, navigator, music player and photo machine. For games I reach for my trusty PSP and for web browsing my Asus G50 handles it well.

As I stated earlier. Typing/texting is better on the Storm than on my Dare. But the accelerometer is faster on the Dare. I figure its because the Storm is more mini computer than the Dare. I must admit though, the more I use the Storm, the more I forget the Dare (still kept as a backup).
    10-05-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD