call up customer service. They changed the actual date on my account. When i log onto the website now it says i am eligible. Mine wasn't up until the 27th of jan
    11-19-08 08:44 PM
    I'll be at the bestbuy in Glen Burnie. I just preorderd Tues 11/18 and the rep told me there was 2 left. He also said they are going to give me a call on Friday because of it might not be in till later that night or even Sat morning. Any one else?
    Last edited by MrLegendary; 11-19-08 at 08:49 PM.
    11-19-08 08:44 PM
    call up customer service. They changed the actual date on my account. When i log onto the website now it says i am eligible. Mine wasn't up until the 27th of jan
    Did you ask them to change it? Or was there a mistake?

The small Verizon store that my Dad and I have always gotten our phones from says they are getting them in, she just doesn't know when. She said she will make sure to put two aside for us (I've talked him into the Storm now too!) and to check back with her. I have a feeling they'll be in on Friday.

So I was thinking I would go in there and play with the demo first, then make my decision. I'm sure I'm going to love it, but I'm just not one to wait in line for something I have yet to try for myself, you know?

This will be my first BB, by the way.
    11-19-08 08:50 PM
    Did you ask them to change it? Or was there a mistake?
    No I told the woman I originally spoke to someone else who says they noted my account and she said she would actually change the date for me so i didnt have any problems
    11-19-08 08:54 PM
    bump bump bump
    11-19-08 10:08 PM
    I will be at the Annapolis Harbour place location sometime around 10. I dont expect to have any issues.

I have tried to call the store all week, but no one ever picks up
    I stopped in the Bowie store, and they told me they were not taking names.

What happened in Laurel? Did they take your name?
    I was thinking of going to the Annapolis store since I live down that way, but I figure Laurel might be better since it's a slightly bigger store and closer to work for me. Laurel took my name last week, but I don't think that means much.

Since you say you have had trouble getting through to the Annapolis Harbour store, I guess you don't have any "heads-up", huh? Do you know if Annapolis is opening early on Friday?

Otherwise, I am coping with my newly diagnosed BBSOCD fairly well at this point.
    I wonder what my next obsession will be?
    11-19-08 10:30 PM
    I posted this a few minutes ago in another thread, but since this is a Maryland thread, I copied it here to:
    On Monday, I called the telesales number and spoke with a rep who offered an additional $50 bucks off from what I would pay in the store if I order from her. I told her I really wanted to pick one up in the store on Friday so I would wait. She took my name and number.

Surprisingly, she called me back this afternoon to see if I wanted to do the deal now for a Friday mailing. I told her I was still holding out for a store phone, so she said to call her Friday morning if I run into trouble at the store and she will do the deal.

I just don't want to wait for a possible Monday delivery if I can get it Friday morning. (I know...I'm an *****!)
    Can I get her number? I would wait for the $50, i contemplated waiting until Black Friday to see if they put the phone on deal somewhere.... but decided since I have Friday off I couldn't wait.

live in Olney. gonna be in Rockville on 355 Friday. Anyone else?
    I live in south (lol) Olney but dude, forum friends don't let friends shop at the VZW store on 355, or the Best Buy there either. Be smart and go to G-Burg. Way better experience, every time.
    11-19-08 11:08 PM
    im in waldorf, i reserved mine at best buy, but if they don't have it i will probably get a refund and check out the corprate store or CC, or even the BJ's kiosk
    11-20-08 12:23 AM
    me 2....where in Silver Spring do you live? Maybe we could help each other look out for one...
    east-west hwy
    11-20-08 12:34 AM
    I'm from Baltimore, but I don't live there currently
    11-20-08 12:36 AM
    Hit up my local store in Baltimore around 8pm as a family member wanted one. They just got theirs in... I went to school with one of the sales guys so and he said they are doing first come first serve.. They have been taking peoples numbers to call on friday but they cant hold units. They hadnt even opened their stock and started geeking out when I showed him mine and asked if I cld see what OS version was loaded...
    11-20-08 12:43 AM
    All signs point to me swinging by 355 Costco, G-burg VZW Corp store then down the Pike to the Best Buy for the purchase unless I get a better price before that. Best Buy's practices already have soured me on them. But for instant $50 i might still give them my business
    11-21-08 12:25 AM
    im in towson and will be going to the store in the morning..
    11-21-08 01:18 AM
    which store in towson, i go to school there and im from ny...i have no idea where the closet one is...do u go to school in towson?
    11-21-08 01:37 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD