good idea, thanks for the suggestion. I am going to do the same thing.
    12-16-08 12:48 PM
    Hey guys, I puched the number in and it says.....VOIDED

Package Progress
    Location Date Local Time Description
    US 12/16/2008 2:20 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION VOIDED
    US 11/24/2008 5:09 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 12/16/2008 2:21 P.M. ET
    Hmmm.....
    12-16-08 01:23 PM
    perhaps there is a time limit on them without shipping them that UPS cuts off the tracking number.

Or they are printing new ones for all the phones they got today.

It is probably the first reason.
    12-16-08 01:50 PM
    Just sent an E-mail to the storm address asking about the voided tracking number. Waiting to hear back.
    12-16-08 01:52 PM
    I also emailed the storm address and still waiting a reply, I sent it this morning. The 15th has come and gone which is the date I was told I would get the device. We still have one week for the deadline for the "MOM" email we all got.
    12-16-08 02:06 PM
    I hope this means theyre reissuing tracking number for shipment at some point in the close future, and not delaying the shipment, its been almost 4 weeks from release date, and 6 weeks from when I got the notification that I won
    12-16-08 02:22 PM
    perhaps there is a time limit on them without shipping them that UPS cuts off the tracking number.

Or they are printing new ones for all the phones they got today.

It is probably the first reason.
    I had predicted this before, but 22 days after the label was made seems like a strange number of days, it also says when you click on it that the sender canceled it, so im hoping theyre just reprinting tracking numbers, perhaps they were originally separating the grab shipments from the hunt, at least im hoping this
    12-16-08 02:24 PM
    I had predicted this before, but 22 days after the label was made seems like a strange number of days, it also says when you click on it that the sender canceled it, so im hoping theyre just reprinting tracking numbers, perhaps they were originally separating the grab shipments from the hunt, at least im hoping this
    If they have to cancel the tracking information, it must be done no later than 28 days after the tracking number is first generated, so the number of days makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is cancelling the tracking information!
    12-16-08 03:29 PM
    well hopefully someone gets a reply from Momentum with a new tracking number or an update.
    12-16-08 03:38 PM
    If they have to cancel the tracking information, it must be done no later than 28 days after the tracking number is first generated, so the number of days makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is cancelling the tracking information!
    I meant it didnt make sense for UPS to cancel, ergo it must have been canceled by Momentum or whoever is shipping it
    12-16-08 03:45 PM
    I meant it didnt make sense for UPS to cancel, ergo it must have been canceled by Momentum or whoever is shipping it
    Oh, yeah it was definitely canceled by the shipper.
    12-16-08 03:48 PM
    This better signal that the phones are ready to ship. If Momentum was getting the phones from Verizon yesterday, then they better be prepped and ready to go by the end of the day today.

Many of us are staring down 6 weeks. Saturday (the 20th) will be exactly six weeks since I was informed that I won, at which time I was promised the phone within 4-6 weeks (ahem) and the $50 giftcard sooner "probably 2-3 weeks." Oh yeah, Momentum, don't think I forgot about the 50 bucks I won, too! I didn't!

But the fact that Storm Grabbers are starting to receive theirs is promising.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/jus...75/index2.html
    12-16-08 04:13 PM
    This better signal that the phones are ready to ship. If Momentum was getting the phones from Verizon yesterday, then they better be prepped and ready to go by the end of the day today.

Many of us are staring down 6 weeks. Saturday (the 20th) will be exactly six weeks since I was informed that I won, at which time I was promised the phone within 4-6 weeks (ahem) and the $50 giftcard sooner "probably 2-3 weeks." Oh yeah, Momentum, don't think I forgot about the 50 bucks I won, too! I didn't!

But the fact that Storm Grabbers are starting to receive theirs is promising.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/jus...75/index2.html
    haha, yeah, I think I got my notification on 11/15, that was 2 days into the contest and a week before the release, so yeah that must be right, but 12/21 will be 6 weeks
    12-16-08 04:17 PM
    So, they are shipping them via UPS. Any odds we would have them by Christmas even if they shipped tomorrow?
    12-16-08 04:21 PM
    haha, yeah, I think I got my notification on 11/15, that was 2 days into the contest and a week before the release, so yeah that must be right, but 12/21 will be 6 weeks
    Actually, you got the call on 11/8, like me.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/off...tml#post938130
    12-16-08 04:28 PM
    Ah, so it was even earlier than I thought. That was a long time ago.
    12-16-08 04:30 PM
    So, they are shipping them via UPS. Any odds we would have them by Christmas even if they shipped tomorrow?
    Yeah. UPS runs triple and quadruple shifts with supplemental contracted delivery during the holidays. I had a guy in a pick-up truck deliver a UPS package at 9:30 pm on like Dec. 20 or 21 two years ago.

Oh, and another time I had an apparently off-duty DHL guy deliver another UPS package at like 7:30 pm.

Besides, you can still get Amazon Super Saver Shipping for Christmas delivery today, and Momentum is using 2-day delivery (based on previous deliveries).
    12-16-08 04:30 PM
    If it comes from Chicago, it looks like UPS can get pretty much anything pretty much anywhere in the 48 contiguous states unless you live in a rural area (which UPS isnt the best at delivering packages to anyway)

Im gonna go with Revolutionary and hope it's 2 Day Air, and in my experience (I have Amazon Prime, so pretty much everything I order comes UPS), packages will come really late, my cousin works for them and said they'll often work until the truck is empty unless it gets to be unreasonably late, and the warehouse is open 24 hours a day so theyre constantly loading trucks
    12-16-08 04:39 PM
    If it comes from Chicago, it looks like UPS can get pretty much anything pretty much anywhere in the 48 contiguous states unless you live in a rural area (which UPS isnt the best at delivering packages to anyway)

Im gonna go with Revolutionary and hope it's 2 Day Air, and in my experience (I have Amazon Prime, so pretty much everything I order comes UPS), packages will come really late, my cousin works for them and said they'll often work until the truck is empty unless it gets to be unreasonably late, and the warehouse is open 24 hours a day so theyre constantly loading trucks
    Didn't I read that the Storm Grab Storms were being shipped from Momentum NYC? Which wouldn't really be a problem since like 80% of the Storm Hunt winners are from the east coast.
    Last edited by Revolutionary; 12-16-08 at 04:50 PM.
    12-16-08 04:48 PM
    I sent an email today and this is the response I got.

We will be shipping your phone later this week. Please expect before Christmas. Thank you for your patience.

Hopefully they come through I am sure they will.

Lee
    12-16-08 06:49 PM
    thanks for the info!! I hope I get it before christmas, so I have something to entertain me at the inlaws.
    12-16-08 06:59 PM
    pathymo just posted in another thread that his Storm has shipped and is actually out for delivery NOW.

Cross-posting here for the folks who are subscribed to this thread for updates!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...hipped-117291/

EDIT: Note, his Storm shipped from New York and he lives in Brooklyn, hence the fast delivery time. YMMV and if you are outside NY, I wouldn't expect delivery today.
    Last edited by Revolutionary; 12-17-08 at 08:39 AM.
    12-17-08 08:35 AM
    I sent in a request for the list the day the contest ended because I was pissed I didn't win. I texted all the keywords in every day from 5 different cell phones with different accounts so yeah, I was pissed! Anyway, I got the list around December 1st or 2nd. The list was about 9 or 10 pages long and had the winners first name, last name's first letter, and city they were from; example: (John W. Newark, NJ). I was suprised how many winners there were, well in the 100s. I guess they gave out a lot of 2nd and 3rd place prized every day because there had to be 500 or more names in total. I looked at it and then it sat on my desk for a week and I threw it out a few days ago, sorry I can't post it, but it really wasn't anything special to look at
    12-17-08 08:54 AM
148 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD