When anyone calls my phone they now get some 'please wait while we connect your call' message and some hold music... this is suddenly new with my activated storm... Is there any way to stop this? I didn't ask for an elevator music answering service
    12-05-08 11:54 AM
    I think what your describing is the ring back tone. Its a feature with VZ. and its not free so i would talk to customer service about that....
    12-05-08 11:57 AM
    THANK YOU, that has to be it... got to turn that off.
    12-05-08 12:02 PM
    JC...the "elevator music" IS free from VZW. If you want to turn that off, you need to go into your account on Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless ... sign into your account and then click on "ringtones". There you can turn it off, or you can buy another one and assign it to your phone.
    12-05-08 12:08 PM
    Hi Guys, I have the oposite problem. I am a Vodafone user for my BB Storm and would like some kind of hold music when I put someone on hold. Can I do that with my phone?
    05-18-10 03:40 AM
    The ringback tones are not a feature of the phone, but of the carrier and their equipment.

Not sure where you live but most likely it is a feature that you can add to your account... for a small fee.
    05-18-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD