Yesterday as i was typing on my Storm, the screen locked up. I waited and it never unfroze so I did a battery pull. When I put the battery in, the red light came on but my display has been dead ever since. The phone works; rings, vibrates, answers calls, and I can GUESS on my speed dial but there is no display. Does anyone have any suggestions????
    09-08-09 11:50 AM
    Pull battery out again. Maybe dead battery?
    09-08-09 11:54 AM
    I recommend you take it into a service center to have it replaced. There may be a fix for it, but unless you feel comfortable enough to take your phone apart to see, Id get a new one.

It isnt too common a problem, but Verizon shouldnt give you any hassle with returning it.
    09-08-09 11:55 AM
    Yesterday as i was typing on my Storm, the screen locked up. I waited and it never unfroze so I did a battery pull. When I put the battery in, the red light came on but my display has been dead ever since. The phone works; rings, vibrates, answers calls, and I can GUESS on my speed dial but there is no display. Does anyone have any suggestions????
    Sounds like it's replacement time. Since you're with Verizon you should still be in your 1 year period. Just back up your phone to DM and head on over to the Verizon store.
    09-08-09 11:56 AM
    I've done a hundred battery pulls with no luck. I charged the phone all night thinking a full battery may change, no luck. I have insurance on the phone but I know the ones they give u are junk phones... I guess I will try the service center and see what they can do..
    09-08-09 11:58 AM
    I am attempting to do the backup as we speak.. Is there anyway that I can view text messages sent to my phone since it died thru DM?
    09-08-09 11:59 AM
    hmmm, try allowing the battery out for a bit longer like 10 mins, if this doesnt work your screen mind be fried....doesnt really make sense though should be covered under warrantee for a year
    09-08-09 12:00 PM
    I've done a hundred battery pulls with no luck. I charged the phone all night thinking a full battery may change, no luck. I have insurance on the phone but I know the ones they give u are junk phones... I guess I will try the service center and see what they can do..
    Well, technically speaking your current phone is a junk phone too. Might as well get one that lights up. Who knows, you might get lucky.
    09-08-09 12:00 PM
    good point hookbill!! lol i have left the battery out for 30 minutes still no luck. Heading to Verizon now.. What about viewing texts thru DM??
    09-08-09 12:02 PM
    I think you are SOL on being able too see your texts until you get the new phone and restore your backup.

*Too bad DM wasnt similar to motorola phone tools. You could see texts, and compose texts from you computer, and make and edit your own ringtones, and also pull up your contacts....*
    09-08-09 12:05 PM
    Nope, text can only be viewed on your phone. You could always do a backup and when you do a restore, your messages will be there whether if it's read or unread.
    09-08-09 12:06 PM
    if you did a backup right before you took it in, when you restore your new texts will be on the new phone so you can still see what you got when the screen was black
    09-08-09 12:06 PM
    thanks guys!! I did the back up and did see the SMS messages transferred. I wasn't sure if they would or not, past incidents with Motorola phones messages wouldn't transfer. It even transfers call log so I can see who called since it crapped out. RIM really did a great job with this software!!
    09-08-09 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD