post whether you think the storm hardware is good enough, along with any hardware related issues.

also, post when and where your storm was made.

I think its safe to assume the software will get to where we want it to be - but what about the hardware? is it good enough to invest in this product for the next two years?

from what ive seen the hardware works completely fine. i dont own a storm but have several friends who do and their screens click away, no dust, no gaps between the screen and the casing, and its a pretty sexy device. only problem is that i keep almost dropping the one that doesn't have a case (its too slippery - im used to my curve)
    01-27-09 02:11 PM
    Depends how you define "good enough"

If you are ok with the known issues, random reboots, touch issues, dust issues, battery life, screen lock, blank screeen etc, then yeah the phone would be good enough. if you are not ok will that then i would have to say, no the device is not "good enough" yet.
    01-27-09 02:14 PM
    Depends how you define "good enough"

If you are ok with the known issues, random reboots, touch issues, dust issues, battery life, screen lock, blank screeen etc, then yeah the phone would be good enough. if you are not ok will that then i would have to say, no the device is not "good enough" yet.
    the only issue i see in your list that is a hardware issue is dust. everything else should be fixable through OS updates. I really want to know about the hardware - im assuming the software will get there.
    01-27-09 02:21 PM
    Haven't had any problems with the hardware.
    01-27-09 02:21 PM
    Hardware is fine to me....
    01-27-09 02:22 PM
    I think that the hardware is definately "good enough"...beyond the dust under the screen issue, which I've yet to see in person, the hardware is really solid.

THe OS? a little wonky, but its getting there. .90 was a big step in the right direction on most things, with a few bugs to contend with.

I think there's a lot of storm haters out there that have a jaded view on the thing at this point.
    01-27-09 02:22 PM
    ive heard of people returning 3, 4, 5 storms for dust issues - what are they doing with all those exchanged storms?
    01-27-09 02:38 PM
    ive heard of people returning 3, 4, 5 storms for dust issues - what are they doing with all those exchanged storms?
    Why is it that it's always the non-Storm owners that constantly degrade the device? Jealousy or boredom?
    01-27-09 02:44 PM
    no problems here .. storms a great device
    01-27-09 02:47 PM
    No harware issues here either. Original phone since 11/25. Hardware functions perfectly. .90 OS working well with only one minor bug. IMO superb device.
    01-27-09 02:49 PM
    The hardware is solid I have dropped it several times and its still going. Now as far as people returning phones due to dust under the screen I have no idea what the **** is going on there I have a case around mine I guess thats why I don't have that issue who knows........
    01-27-09 02:50 PM
    More RAM please lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 02:53 PM
    More RAM please lol
    Agreed!

However, I have no problem with the hardware either.
    01-27-09 02:59 PM
    No hardware complaints. My Storm was made earlier this month in Mexico, the screen clicks beautifully and is very responsive. I just got it so I can't say anything about the dust issue yet, but I don't imagine it becoming a problem- seems like a very good quality device, it's just the OS that's behind.
    01-27-09 03:00 PM
    Why is it that it's always the non-Storm owners that constantly degrade the device? Jealousy or boredom?
    ok, mr sensitive.

youre name is "weathering the storm" just because you own one gives you the right to "degrade" the device?

and the reason im asking is because im considering picking one up.
    01-27-09 03:05 PM
    Mine died today for no apparent reason. Just kept rebooting without ever succeeding. There was some sort of error message, but it was too small to read and the backlight was off. Consider mine NOT good enough.
    01-27-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD