Are these storms suppose to have different sized gaps. Me and my wife have storms, hers are even and small. Mine on the other hand is crazy...gaps are big, uneven..like what is this. Are there any storms that aren't gapped?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 09:04 PM
    Some of them gap more than others. I had them take 3 out of the boxes at one time and took the lesser of the three evils. My dad's is still better than mines.
    03-07-09 09:17 PM
    Are these storms suppose to have different sized gaps. Me and my wife have storms, hers are even and small. Mine on the other hand is crazy...gaps are big, uneven..like what is this. Are there any storms that aren't gapped?

Gaps? what gaps? My Storm has perfect finish. There is no gap. So are my friends' Storms. Are those new devices or refurbished?
    03-07-09 09:51 PM
    ALL storms have gaps, they have too, the screen is a button.

however, none of the gaps should be a little crazy like your stating. is there a lot of light coming through on the sides in the gap? and how loose is your screen?
    03-07-09 09:54 PM
    Yes there is light coming through all sides, mostly on bottom above call and end call buttons...screen feels pretty stable...the prob is I brought my old storm back due to click problems on far left...so I don't want to be the pain in the *** customer...

03-07-09 10:16 PM
    Yes there is light coming through all sides, mostly on bottom above call and end call buttons...screen feels pretty stable...the prob is I brought my old storm back due to click problems on far left...so I don't want to be the pain in the *** customer...

if you'd like to try, i'd recommend the electric tape seal fix. it would requiring disassembling your storm, but it's well worth it. takes care of dust and the light bleed around the screen.
    03-08-09 03:41 AM

don't worry about being a pain in the *** cusromer. trust me, I'm on my 7th storm since they came out. If verizon would hate anyone, they would hate me the most. We paid top notch money for this blackberry storm, and verizon and rim are aware of some build qulity issues it has (like what your experincing) If I were you, call up verizon, tell them your problem and more then likely they will send you out another phone.

I would NOT do the electric tape fix thje guy above me said to do, thats NEVER an option. Not when you have a one year warrenty, keep returning the phone until you get one that you are happy with. Took me 7 times, but I got one I like.
    03-08-09 08:30 AM
    I agree with mjbesen310, if you think the gaps are too wide, you should go get an exchange.

I didn't know what you were talking about. Now that I looked at the 4 sides of my screen, the gaps are not wide at all. I have to tilt my phone to see the light underneath, except the light from the bottom buttons of course.

As compared to all my previous phones, the Storm has much better craftsmanship in my humble opinion.
    03-08-09 09:01 AM
    What tape fix are you people talking about? I have never heard of this...
    03-10-09 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD