Hello, I just purchased a 2009 fusion, and I currently have an iphone 3g which works great with my sync in my car as a phone and an mp3 player. I was wondering if anyone has a storm and a ford, because I am wondering if I can plug the storm in via usb to my car and go through my music like I can on my iphone. I won a storm and should be receiving it shortly, just wondering if I can make it work as smoothly as my car.

Thanks
    11-22-08 02:33 PM
    You can use the bluetooth to play through your car! Its great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 05:32 PM
    I have the SYNC in my Sport Trac and you can use it through the headphone jack or bluetooth. Haven't figured a way yet to have text messages read through the stereo yet. Other than that it works fine...enjoy!
    05-29-09 06:04 PM
    Hello, I just purchased a 2009 fusion, and I currently have an iphone 3g which works great with my sync in my car as a phone and an mp3 player. I was wondering if anyone has a storm and a ford, because I am wondering if I can plug the storm in via usb to my car and go through my music like I can on my iphone. I won a storm and should be receiving it shortly, just wondering if I can make it work as smoothly as my car.

Thanks
    No, it won't work through the USB like the Iphone, which operates like an Ipod through the sync, but like the others posted above you can access your music over bluetooth. You will not get your song info on the Sync display though. I just use my Zune through the USB for music and the Storm for everything else!
    05-29-09 07:12 PM
    I have the SYNC in my Sport Trac and you can use it through the headphone jack or bluetooth. Haven't figured a way yet to have text messages read through the stereo yet. Other than that it works fine...enjoy!
    Verizon does not permit the text message function. You won't get it to work.
    05-29-09 07:13 PM
    Will the USB port in the fords charge the storm's battery?

-ALan
    06-04-09 06:33 AM
    Yes It Should. I Work For Ford. It Charges Any Devive That Is Plugged Into Usb Port
    06-04-09 06:40 AM
    Perhaps Ford (and others) will lobby Blackberry to add the text-by-bluetooth functionality to the next OS revision. It seems this will become a high-demand feature. It's not likely to be abused (or violate state and local texting laws) because it really only allows incoming text reading; you have to be going less than 3 mph to send texts, and even then you can only send from a pre-set list. Incoming is the thing.

Others feel similarly?
    08-03-09 06:11 AM
    Perhaps Ford (and others) will lobby Blackberry to add the text-by-bluetooth functionality to the next OS revision. It seems this will become a high-demand feature. It's not likely to be abused (or violate state and local texting laws) because it really only allows incoming text reading; you have to be going less than 3 mph to send texts, and even then you can only send from a pre-set list. Incoming is the thing.

Others feel similarly?
    It is not Blackberry, it is Verizon. They do not permit this feature. They restrict certain Bluetooth features and the text is one of them
    08-03-09 09:42 AM
    It is not Blackberry, it is Verizon. They do not permit this feature. They restrict certain Bluetooth features and the text is one of them
    And that my friends is why people unlock these devices and move them to other carriers.
    08-03-09 12:28 PM
    And that my friends is why people unlock these devices and move them to other carriers.
    Hmmm. That is an interesting point. Not so sure, but just because you unlock them I don't believe that will allow the BT to work any differently. It is still a Verizon phone so I think that the texting to the Sync System will still not work.
    08-03-09 01:16 PM
    I just purchased my Ford Focus 2010 with Sync. I was able to Sync the phone book with my Storm and use the phone feature, but I can't figure out how to download the music from the storm using the bluetooth... Can anyone help??
    02-20-10 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD