SOrry folks i love BB's and have been using for more then 8 years. Been through just about every model they have. This Storm is just messed up, OS update or not its gonna take a complete overhaul to fix the bugs in this thing. For those of you that are gonna say well give it more time you have not tried the BOLD. THE bold is one amazing machine the fasted out there and the hardware and software are a perfed match. I do realize that when the BOLD came out it had bugs but the storm is a MESS. The bb is a device that has made my life a ton easier the storm just plain slows it down.

I have taken mine back and the sale rep said that close to 20% sold out of the chicago locals have come back for various issues.

if your on the fence please try the bold on att or get an unlocked one and use on Tmobile.

Sorry but waterloo on canada messed this one up BIGtime......I await the curve.

AND NO WIFI ---------that is a shame and thats verizon acting like big brother making you use the network. freakn commmies
    Last edited by DrSood; 11-25-08 at 04:50 PM.
    11-25-08 04:34 PM
    Its there first foray into touch.. Bold is not.. Bold was out much before the launch in the US as well.

I prefer not to go Bold because the GSM 3G service in America bites.. It is puny on AT&T and TMobile is a joke of a service.
    11-25-08 04:39 PM
    Yeah, go to ATT or TMobile.

Then you will reallllly see what speed it all about! NOT.
    11-25-08 04:41 PM
    COme on guys the browser speed on the storm is slower then EDGE, I have a bold on tmo and the storm on 3g the edge is faster currently it may change with os updates. But for now it is def slower.
    11-25-08 04:48 PM
    COme on guys the browser speed on the storm is slower then EDGE, I have a bold on tmo and the storm on 3g the edge is faster currently it may change with os updates. But for now it is def slower.
    NO way you are crazy!!!! you programed yourself to believe that. 20% of the storms were returned due to incompetence!!!
    11-25-08 04:50 PM
    you must have a really bad phone... cause my browser loads way the heck faster then my iPhone

I have loaded about 30 sites side by side its not even close and coverage is excelent for both verizon and at&t in my area. both full bars right here.

but verizon definetly has the speed part..
    11-25-08 04:51 PM
    11-25-08 04:59 PM

I call BS.
    11-25-08 05:00 PM
    Storm is a flop? Tell that to Verizon who will sell millions of these units when it's all said and done.
    11-25-08 05:02 PM
    yea the bold has been out a long time in different countrys and not to mention that phones release date has been pushed back almost a year. it better be close to perfect. if we had waited on the storm to come out maybe next year it would probably be closer to perfect. but they needed to get it out because of the holidays. and while i agree there are bugs to be fixed but mine so far has been a solid product. maybe i got lucky and got a fairly good storm but i really enjoy the phone. i dont think this phone is a flop at all.
    11-25-08 05:08 PM
    of course the bold seems like a better fit, its the same thing youve had for the past 8 years!

the storm is something new, there are things you have to get used to and things RIM has to learn. It will be better, but I love it now already.

It has its issues, but when it comes down to the hardware, there are zero complains.
    11-25-08 05:10 PM
    Hey Doc...1

Sorry but my browser speed on the Storm is quite a bit faster than my Curve was...I had the Flip on T Mobile...sad situation even after Suncom merge...Verizon rules for coverage and service, no denying that dr. so
    Last edited by nobodeuno; 11-25-08 at 05:16 PM.
    11-25-08 05:13 PM
    Isn't the bold pretty much and update to the curve?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 05:16 PM
    AND NO WIFI ---------that is a shame and thats verizon acting like big brother making you use the network. freakn commmies
    still don't see the big deal about no WiFi, but that's just me. If you don't want the network, get an iPod Touch.
    11-25-08 05:16 PM
    yah pretty much .. get used to the phone and its great ! i love everything about it
    11-25-08 05:17 PM
    Speaking of the Bold anyone see the ATT commercial about how fast the bold is and the dude runs a 100 in 13 secs......LOL If thats fast ATT can keep the bold....
    11-25-08 06:33 PM
    first off the bold had its share of problems when it came out, guess what fixed them.... updates. to try and persuade somebody with another blackberry that had problems then say updates wont fix these bugs is kind contradictory. no wifi? gee something thats been known for months is now an issue, bravo
    11-25-08 06:44 PM
    You are kidding right? Edge is horrible. the browser on the storm kicks ****. Its fast. By the way, can I get some of that stuff you been smokin?
    11-25-08 06:51 PM
    Gotta love random person saying something is a flop based on nothing to do with actual sales...
    11-25-08 06:53 PM
    Yeah, go to ATT or TMobile.

Then you will reallllly see what speed it all about! NOT.

I dont experience slowness. My co-worker who has the Storm tested browser speeds vs. my Bold on 3G and my Bold loaded each page quicker. Not saying everybody else will experience this as well. Tests may vary and strength of signal can vary speeds. Then when I connect to wifi, my browser killed the wifi-less Storm. The Storm is a great device but they should have added wifi.
    11-25-08 07:10 PM
    Not really..
    11-25-08 07:11 PM
    SOrry folks i love BB's and have been using for more then 8 years. Been through just about every model they have. This Storm is just messed up, OS update or not its gonna take a complete overhaul to fix the bugs in this thing. For those of you that are gonna say well give it more time you have not tried the BOLD. THE bold is one amazing machine the fasted out there and the hardware and software are a perfed match. I do realize that when the BOLD came out it had bugs but the storm is a MESS. The bb is a device that has made my life a ton easier the storm just plain slows it down.
    Rather just rant about this, why not explain what it is exactly that makes it a "MESS"? I see you posted about slow browsing speeds, is that your only issue?
    11-25-08 07:16 PM
    hey guys i wanted and tried very hard to LOVE it. As far as the mess the following is a short list of things that went wrong in the in the 3.5 days i had it.

SOFTWARE ISSUES
    1. Very slow browser
    2. OS would freeze about every hour or so(i mean take battery out and reboot)
    3. when locked the phone would not unlock ( take battery out and reboot)
    4. media player kept on freezing as well
    5. would not sync to bb desktop manager always got a fatal error message
    6. accelerometer is SuPER SLOW even after i deleted VZNAV and VV.
    7. facebook app never worked properly

HARDWARE ISSUES
    1. Screen had dust under it and it was MADE IN CANADA
    2. dead spots on the edges.
    3. Battery cover was lose.

I will stand in line for a new one once the bugs have been fixed. FOr those that have a mint working machine i am envious and ENJOY. JUST like 1st generation cars we expect the best but crap does happen. Best of luck in the mean time i will use bold until probs are fixed.
    11-25-08 09:43 PM
    hey guys i wanted and tried very hard to LOVE it. As far as the mess the following is a short list of things that went wrong in the in the 3.5 days i had it.

SOFTWARE ISSUES
    1. Very slow browser
    2. OS would freeze about every hour or so(i mean take battery out and reboot)
    3. when locked the phone would not unlock ( take battery out and reboot)
    4. media player kept on freezing as well
    5. would not sync to bb desktop manager always got a fatal error message
    6. accelerometer is SuPER SLOW even after i deleted VZNAV and VV.
    7. facebook app never worked properly

HARDWARE ISSUES
    1. Screen had dust under it and it was MADE IN CANADA
    2. dead spots on the edges.
    3. Battery cover was lose.

I will stand in line for a new one once the bugs have been fixed. FOr those that have a mint working machine i am envious and ENJOY. JUST like 1st generation cars we expect the best but crap does happen. Best of luck in the mean time i will use bold until probs are fixed.
    sounds like there was an issue with your specific storm.
    Because:
    - my browser is really fast
    - my OS hasn't froze up on me yet and I've had it since Friday
    - my phone has always unlocked when i locked it
    - media player hasn't froze up on me
    - my storm syncs perfectly with BB desktop manager
    - accelerometer is fine on mine, occasionally slower than I'd like sometimes
    - and my facebook app works perfect.

As for hardware issues my screen doesn't have any dust
    - my edges work fine
    - my batter cover is tight.
    11-25-08 10:07 PM
    i just came from a T Mobile Curve and my browsers were slow as dirt.
    11-25-08 10:26 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD