Interesting post from Blackberry News about Bell possibly having an exclusive in Canada on the Storm
    Bell to Get Storm First in Canada with 6 Month Exclusivity? | BlackBerryNews.com
    Here's the text from the article:
    "Attention fellow Canadians! BlackBerryNews has some news for you regarding the future of the 9530 Storm in the Great White North.

It has long been assumed (and most say confirmed) that Telus will be carrying the Storm. But CDMA rival Bell�s place in the Canadian Storm equation has yet to be solved. But thanks to a tip from a trusted source and friend of the site, it looks like the Storm will definitely be coming to Bell. But that�s just the beginning of what we were told.

According to our tipster,�Bell Mobility will be in fact releasing the Storm in mid Q4/early Q1. Also it will be exclusive for 6 months to the Bell system. So Telus will have to wait.� Ouch!

Speaking for myself, it isn�t exactly shocking think that Bell could be getting a Canadian exclusive on the Storm. After all, they just spent a hefty sum re-branding."
    09-22-08 10:28 PM
    I trully hope that Bell will use some of that new found money to get exclusiveness on the storm. Bell is so behind when it comes to releasing new cell phones, an exclusive though not forever, can really help boost their sales
    09-23-08 08:25 PM
    I'd put money on it that that's not true (not a lot of money though, lol)
    I can't see it going to bell first
    09-24-08 12:24 AM
    Hello all! This is one of my first posts. I can tell you that the Storm is coming to Telus. I was in my local store last week getting a Pearl for my daughter and the manager told me that the BB rep was in that day. The storm is coming to Telus and probably in early New Year (so not likely to be out for Christmas). He also told me that they think it is going to be pricey, in the 600 dollars range but they don't have a price confirmation yet. So good news for us at Telus who are tired of seeing phones go to the over-priced/poor customer service/gappy network at Rogers!
    09-24-08 01:36 PM
    Hello all! This is one of my first posts. I can tell you that the Storm is coming to Telus. I was in my local store last week getting a Pearl for my daughter and the manager told me that the BB rep was in that day. The storm is coming to Telus and probably in early New Year (so not likely to be out for Christmas). He also told me that they think it is going to be pricey, in the 600 dollars range but they don't have a price confirmation yet. So good news for us at Telus who are tired of seeing phones go to the over-priced/poor customer service/gappy network at Rogers!
    Hmmmm I wonder why they would wait until the new year. Typically, if Telus is going to release new devices, they do it just before Christmas.
    09-24-08 02:12 PM
    I don't think it was disputed that Telus was never getting it... I beleieve the article says that Bell may be getting it first and holding on to it for abit of time before Telus releases it
    09-24-08 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD