Has anyone figured out to change the font size of the text in emails? When I go to Options->Screen/Keyboard and change the font size, it changes the font of the email subjects and senders, but not the actual size of the email's text. Any ideas?
    12-14-08 04:02 PM
    I adjust mine and it changes. Not sure about why yours doesn't.
    12-14-08 04:06 PM
    yah and the font size for the emails is absolutely massive which is why I want to change it.
    12-14-08 06:11 PM
    known issue; no current fix
    12-14-08 06:31 PM
    go into OPTIONS and click on "get plain text".
    Presto!
    01-29-09 08:52 PM
    mine just shows a blank screen when i click "get plain text".
    01-31-09 11:16 PM
    what os are you running?
    01-31-09 11:40 PM
    known issue; no current fix
    I am having the same issue... I didn't know it was a known issue... Can someone share a bit more details on this? Or where could I find more information?

Thanks in advance.
    02-27-09 04:42 PM
    plain text dones nothing.. unless the email is sent as plan text..
    02-27-09 04:47 PM
    plain text dones nothing.. unless the email is sent as plan text..
    ? Not sure I understand....
    02-27-09 04:49 PM
    If the sender sent the email in rich text you are going to see the font size they specified. Unless you set your options to read it in straight text and disable html formatting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 04:58 PM
    I'm also in the same situation....

its clearly a rendering issue in Email as in plain text mode it's fine.

I can't wait for this to be fixed... can only look at a font that big for so long before not being able to read the whole email easily on screen is going to annoy me!
    03-16-09 11:50 AM
    Well... Personally I've given up... From a corporate email perspective anyway.
    I disabled HTML emails on my Storm until this is fixed. I receive fairly large emails and I would go nuts scrolling 5 times when I can read the the same thing on one page without HTML...

Not sure if any of these new OS coming out "soon" fix this... But I sure hope so!!!
    Last edited by Pentarus; 03-16-09 at 01:09 PM.
    03-16-09 11:56 AM
    agree with that
    03-16-09 12:40 PM
    Unfortunately... I have seen very little evidence of people complaining about this (a few threads here and there) which leads me to believe that RIM might not be spending to many cycles on this. I mean... You guys know... when there is an issue affecting the mass, the various forums get literally clobbered by folks demanding an immediate fix...

Not sure this is getting the visibility it deserves...

To those who had the opportunity of testing the latest betas out there... would you be able to tell if this gets addressed???

Thanks.
    03-16-09 01:28 PM
    I hate the enormous texts on the emails. I feel like a 90 year old reading one of those special books for people that can't see too well. Not to mention if I'm on the train, I don't want a Nosy Nancy trying to peek at my emails.

I do hope they address this issue. And I'd rather not disable the HTML, because that functionality is there for a reason.
    03-25-09 10:28 AM
    I am experiencing this as well. I can be in an email conversation with another person and their first reply is fine, then their next reply is in a font 3 times the size. But only the new part. But when I look at the same email on my computer Outlook or Yahoo all the text for all replies is normal font size.

I am running a hybrid of 113, so it has not been fixed yet.

It is kind of ridiculous that it is not discussed much. It definitely is a problem.
    04-01-09 11:47 AM
    Unfortunately... I have seen very little evidence of people complaining about this (a few threads here and there) which leads me to believe that RIM might not be spending to many cycles on this. I mean... You guys know... when there is an issue affecting the mass, the various forums get literally clobbered by folks demanding an immediate fix...

Not sure this is getting the visibility it deserves...

To those who had the opportunity of testing the latest betas out there... would you be able to tell if this gets addressed???

Thanks.
    Add me to the list for HUGE font. Hate it!
    There are many people with this problem. Keep searching.

04-10-09 08:47 PM
    +1 here on the super huge font
    04-10-09 10:16 PM
    I guess I'm the odd man out but I actually like it. I read most of my emails while I'm walking so it works out for me. I can understand where it could get annoying otherwise. I'm running .114v2 and it hasn't been fixed.

04-10-09 10:47 PM
    Still October and no fix for this...kinda annoying!
    10-04-09 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD