I put in a 16gb card and used media sync to transfer over 2100 (11gb) of music. When I go to the music app on the phone, it scans for all the music on the card...however it stops early. The first time the scan stopped when it found 700. I took the card out and put it back in..and then it found 1200 songs. Then 1500..and now somewhere around 1600 but not all of them (2100). What's going on? Can I force another scan without taking the card out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 09:56 AM
    This same thing happened with me. I called RIM and made them aware but I haven't heard back. It usually took about 5 battery pulls to get all songs recognized. I'd call Verizon, have them transfer you to RIM, so that they are aware.
    12-12-08 10:12 AM
    Man,
    That must have taken forever. Mine takes forever to get a couple hundred songs lined up.
    12-12-08 10:14 AM
    same thing, i just manually put them on by dragging them to the mounted media card in OSX.
    12-12-08 10:26 AM
    This is making me mad grrrr..

12-12-08 10:47 AM
    I had the same thing with movies.

Eject the sd card (tools/memory/menu/remove media card) Then physically remove the sd card.

Pull the battery and replace the card. Replace the battery. Entire list should now show!

Good luck.
    Last edited by Desconocido; 12-12-08 at 12:54 PM.
    12-12-08 11:51 AM
    hey koojo, you're on G20.net with the turbo P11, small world
    03-25-09 03:19 PM
    this whats happening with mine, after scanning them over via media sync for my mac, all 3059 songs are there, and then they slowly will be lost after reboots, sometimes 1800 show up, sometimes 2800 but Rarely do all 3059 show back up, I just installed .113 on a new refurb from Verizon, hoping it works.
    03-25-09 03:21 PM
    only other option would be that some songs are not compatible with the on board media player
    03-25-09 03:31 PM
    This is why I don't keep that many songs on the Storm; at least for now. The more songs you have on there the more likely you are to have this problem. I found that if I kept my list at 400 or less I never had a problem, but now at 525 it gets it right about half the time. When I had 1300 songs it almost never counted them all. This is a well documented issue (and has been consistent in all OS builds so far), so hopefully RIM will get it ironed out soon.
    03-25-09 03:31 PM
    mine seems to work fine --- I have about 1200 songs that all load at the same time. It takes about 2 minutes or less to scan the tags.
    03-25-09 03:33 PM
    Strictly my opinion, but I don't think you can expect the same kind of data-processing performance from a smartphone that you get from a Pentium Core-Duo PC. Running 11 gigs of data in one gulp is a big swallow for a CPU with little more power (relatively speaking) than a plastic collar button.
    03-25-09 03:35 PM
    if you go into the folder directory where the music is stored, delete the bbThumbs.dat file (the file that the storm creates for quick reference as to where data is stored on the memory card, a road map of sorts), and then pull the battery. expect it to take about a day to scan the whole thing though...lmao!
    03-25-09 03:50 PM
    Hi,
    first: DRM protected songs are not copied.
    second: Sometimes the .dat-files containing information about the songs are corrupt.

Remedy: Remove media card, insert into card reader and repair file system of the SD card with a common disk tool (e.g. the one Mac OS-X contains, but Windows will have something similar, I fancy). Be careful to keep the correct file system though (FAT).

When You do not see all Your files, there is a directory problem as a rule. This can easily be fixed the way I described.
    03-25-09 03:58 PM
    thats all well and go, but I have reformatted the card, resynced the music and it still does it, I just fired up my refurb .113 storm and it only found 1600 of my songs out of 3059, also there is NO drm on any of my music.
    03-25-09 04:00 PM
    thats all well and go, but I have reformatted the card, resynced the music and it still does it, I just fired up my refurb .113 storm and it only found 1600 of my songs out of 3059, also there is NO drm on any of my music.
    That sounds strange. Please try repairing the directory, not reformatting. Bet You will find some errors (which than will ge repaired). If this does not help either: Perhaps Your SD card has a hardware issue...
    03-26-09 04:50 AM
    That sounds strange. Please try repairing the directory, not reformatting. Bet You will find some errors (which than will ge repaired). If this does not help either: Perhaps Your SD card has a hardware issue...
    well I can explore the memory card see the songs and play them, its just the gui that loses the total count of songs, I dont think it has anything to do with my memory card, as it does random amount of songs, and again all songs are playable if I explore.
    03-26-09 11:05 AM
    What are the file names? I had issues with a dumb phone that couldn't read file names over "x" characters. Try renaming the songs by title only. Everything is embedded in the file anyway. Also flash memory can't be formatted. Try repairing anf see what happens. It doesn't work already so you got nothing to lose.

03-26-09 11:09 AM
    well its not your card its the BB, it doesnt recognise some of the songs and how they are formatted especially when they are from a Itunes account. it messes up the way the phone reads it. hopefully the OS will fix the problem. my advice is to take it all off. put it all back on again and try it over. BTW i had the same problem, a soft reset should help a little.
    03-26-09 11:30 AM
    I suggest just to manually do it ive tried media sync too and same with me not all the songs transferred so i just manually do it myself now and no problem really easy n fast
    03-26-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD