I installed the leak .90 coming from .87 and as many others do I also having several resets/reboots problems. This morning when I woke up I noticed that my storm was and now still is constantly rebooting. It doesn't pass the boot sequence to work and just keeps on rebooting all the time. As if there is no OS.

The red light comes on, the clock runs, after which the backlight comes on and shortly after a small message appears on the screen for about 2 seconds saying "Unable to crea.. Reset". Then dark screen again and this sequence starts all over again and again.

I did several battery pulls but still the same. Battery is charged. And when usb connected, DM says that device is not connected.

Is there any other way to factory-reset the device?
    How to resinstall the OS from scratch? I appreciate any other help.
    Last edited by DonTon; 01-24-09 at 06:43 AM.
    01-24-09 06:17 AM
    i had the same issue and i didn't know what to do go to blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry on crackberry make sure you READ and do what it says read the QAs by people to get help if you need it.
    01-24-09 06:43 AM
    Thanks a million for pointing me to this link. I'm now running the sequence and I have much better hope now. Thanks once again.
    01-24-09 07:16 AM
    Thanks a million for pointing me to this link. I'm now running the sequence and I have much better hope now. Thanks once again.
    The OS reload nuked blackberry doesn't work for me. At Step 3 where it says "Wait for device initialization" it comes with the message "Unable to reconnect to device during a multi-stage load operation". I'm now considering to return the unit to Vodafone and let them have a look at it.
    Last edited by DonTon; 01-24-09 at 10:04 AM.
    01-24-09 09:40 AM
    I had exactly the same this morning, but it did recover after I removed the sim and msd card ! try and wait 5 mins before re-inserting the battery, it should recover !
    01-24-09 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD