This aspect isnt covered in the tutorial video that I've found on every site that has a storm disassembly tutorial.

I need to replace the plastic cover over the ear piece where the lock and mute buttons are and I have no idea how to get it off. If someone could help me figure this out it would be much appreciated. It looks like it should just pop off but it doesnt want to cooperate with me and I dont feel like breaking my phone.

thanks in advance,

Anthony
    04-12-09 12:40 AM
    Why don't you just get the fifty dollar replacement through your insurance? I don't think anyone is willing to tear down their baby for this info.
    04-12-09 12:55 AM
    well when its the difference between 7 dollars for a piece of plastic and 50 dollars for a new phone, I'm just wondering if I absolutely have to tear the whole thing apart or if i can safely pop it off without damaging anything.
    04-12-09 01:08 AM
    There is a thread on here somewhere where a guy replaced those top and bottom pieces with carbon fibre...so obviously it is possible. Try searching carbon fibre and you should be able to find it.
    04-12-09 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD