I popped in on my local Vodafone store yesterday where I have pre-ordered my Storm (3rd in the queue) to be told it would be there from 8:00am on Friday!!!

But then around 4:30 I get a call to tell me it has been delayed and they hope to have it in next week, but could not confirm a date!!

I'll post when I get it - but looks like it will not be released on planned on Monday - interesting as they have told everyone who has pre-ordered on the web that they will get it on Monday!!

Simeon.
    11-06-08 01:56 AM
    Looks like Vodafone don't know what they are doing as I had a call from the Vodafone store that I pre-ordered telling me to come in tomorrow morning to collect it.

Also website called dialaphone are selling them as of today.
    11-06-08 02:38 AM
    Looks like Vodafone don't know what they are doing as I had a call from the Vodafone store that I pre-ordered telling me to come in tomorrow morning to collect it.

Also website called dialaphone are selling them as of today.
    It could be that they are not getting as many units as they thought on Friday (just thinking of an army of firmware upgraders working through the night in a dingy warehouse somewhere!), and not all stores will get enough to satisfy their initial pre-orders.
    11-06-08 02:45 AM
    I have a receipt that tells me I am the third person to get it at the Liverpool street Vodafone store - they will call me when it's in - so I assume I'll be one of the first officially released - I'll update when I get it.
    11-06-08 03:16 AM
    Looks like it's been put back to the 14th:

Vodafone confirms release BlackBerry Storm release date | T3 magazine

Similar reports on pocket-lint.co.uk as well.

Hopefully this is to allow a new firmware version to be loaded onto the handsets before launch.
    11-06-08 05:02 AM
    oh well no one cared about the UK anyways
    11-06-08 05:24 AM
    Nice - I can feel the love!
    11-06-08 05:25 AM
    Not much you can say about that kind of post, except... what a waste of electrons!
    11-06-08 05:34 AM
    Not much you can say about that kind of post, except... what a waste of electrons!
    but still more productive then the 100s of threads that get started every 5 minutes about WHAT IS THE PRICE OF THE STORM. WHEN CAN I BUY IT

11-06-08 05:35 AM
    Just received a phone call from the manager of my local vodafone store. He reckons the release date for the UK is now the 14th November.

Supposedly, Vodafone have received so many orders for the Storm that they can't cope with the demand. Shouldn't they have known this was going to happen?

God knows what is going on....

This is like creeping death

The Captain
    11-06-08 05:46 AM
    but still more productive then the 100s of threads that get started every 5 minutes about WHAT IS THE PRICE OF THE STORM. WHEN CAN I BUY IT

Which are almost exclusively created by US-based Verizon users
    11-06-08 05:46 AM
    Well we were the one of the first to get the Bold with Canada. So I guess the UK and the rest of europe do count in a way

I'm bored of my Bold now and want a new gadget so the storm will do until something else exciting comes along.
    11-06-08 05:59 AM
    Vodafone's website now says the 18th.
    11-06-08 06:38 AM
    Please don't let the lowest common denominator be representative of America.
    11-06-08 06:47 AM
    I checked less than an hour ago and it said 14th - so if the delay is growing you might all start caring as the delay is from RIM not Vodafone (I presume)

I also forgot that some people inside US dont care about anyone outside US.
    11-06-08 07:06 AM
    I checked less than an hour ago and it said 14th - so if the delay is growing you might all start caring as the delay is from RIM not Vodafone (I presume)

I think it's 14th in stores and pre-orders taken via the phone/web to be delivered on 18th (since it's weekend on 15th/16th, I am guessing this will impact the delivery times).
    11-06-08 07:28 AM
    I am not at work that week so hopefully I'll get it on the 14th (Friday)

Mine is an instore preordered so should get it when in store, rather than waiting for post.
    11-06-08 07:36 AM
    Tis bad
    Mine is a web order.
    11-06-08 07:57 AM

The delay is not from RIM. This is all Vodafone.
    11-06-08 08:20 AM
    well i was in two verizon stores on wendesday the 5th both told me there seems to be a shipping problem may not be the 16th may be later like black friday
    11-06-08 08:23 AM
    Gizmodo says the Verizon Storm will be delayed too........

Ruh-Roh: BlackBerry Storm Hit by Delays
    11-06-08 09:24 AM
    I've just had a call from Vodafone checking delivery. They said they are expecting I should get this on either Thursday or Friday (13/14th) next week.

Whooo hoooo!!
    11-06-08 09:35 AM
    I've just had a call from Vodafone checking delivery. They said they are expecting I should get this on either Thursday or Friday (13/14th) next week.

Whooo hoooo!!
    Hi-fives all round!
    11-06-08 10:12 AM
    Wankers -
    11-06-08 10:22 AM
    I think it's the high pressure system causing the delay.....
    11-06-08 10:23 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD