This morning after removing it from the charger, my Storm was unresponsive (happens regularly), so I pulled the battery. However, instead of rebooting, it came up with a dark screen and a blinking LED. Tried several battery pulls, but nothing.

I tried several programs to connect and load or wipe the OS, but nothing recognizes the device. And no, its not in a loop, there is no white screen, the LED still blinks with unresponsive dark screen. The nuked/bricked recovery methods are all inapplicable here.

LED blinking code is 101111, which I found somewhere to be "Flash Write Failure (* Tip: try replacing flash)". No further explanation, although I think that means changing the hardware flash memory.

I guess I'm hosed. I was extremely frustrated with the Storm and was going to replace it anyway, but wanted it to survive for just a couple more months.

Any ideas?
    09-21-10 03:00 PM
    Mine did this before I got a replacement the only way I got it back was to use the dm and load 4.7 it wouldn't recognize my phone on any version of 5.0 but for some reason loaded 4.7 without a problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD