i am really getting annoyed with this phone because i am a very heavy messager and i cant type fast at all i have had it for a long time and the phone will just not allow me to type at the speed i am accustomed to. will switching to a curve or a 8830 help me? anyone with experience please give their .02 thanks. i dig the looks of the 8830 a little better
    05-01-09 01:40 PM
    Hi, I just switched to Storm from Bold today and I have to say I'm kinda disappointed too. I've been using it 3-4 hours straight, getting to know the phone, sending a few emails/sms/using windows live. The Suretype keyboard is 'ok' but I can type alot faster on the Bold, the full QWERTY keyboard is just a pain to type. I swear I make mistakes every 3-4 letters that I type...

I think I'm just going to return the phone and stick to my Bold. If you're a heavy messager then I suggest you go with a Bold or Curve 8900. Bear in mind that the Curve 8900 doesn't have 3G, if that's a big thing for you. Bold definitely has the best keyboard but with a cost of wider body. If that's ok for you then I'd suggest getting a Bold.
    05-01-09 01:49 PM
    Hi, I just switched to Storm from Bold today and I have to say I'm kinda disappointed too. I've been using it 3-4 hours straight, getting to know the phone, sending a few emails/sms/using windows live. The Suretype keyboard is 'ok' but I can type alot faster on the Bold, the full QWERTY keyboard is just a pain to type. I swear I make mistakes every 3-4 letters that I type...

I think I'm just going to return the phone and stick to my Bold. If you're a heavy messager then I suggest you go with a Bold or Curve 8900. Bear in mind that the Curve 8900 doesn't have 3G, if that's a big thing for you. Bold definitely has the best keyboard but with a cost of wider body. If that's ok for you then I'd suggest getting a Bold.
    There is a learning curve(no pun) to get the hang of the Storm. I can tell you it's way more than a few hours. Good Luck my friend and enjoy.
    05-01-09 02:04 PM
    I can type faster now on SureType than I could on a physical keyboard before. I often write long emails with no problems now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD