Ok guys im hoping someone here can help me out
    I upgraded my storm days ago when .99 came out and have been using that os since the release with no problems.
    Recently i installed stormslider, and it ran great for the first couple days. Then i started getting this weird glitch while i was typing and the image of the keys would cut in half or move everytime i pressed the screen down. Then the phone will turn dark and will become unresponsive unless i battery pulled.
    I deleted stormslider along with numerous other 3rd party apps i have been using (viigo, weatherbug) and it still had the same problem.
    I then upgraded to .132 where it was working terrifically for around 6 hours and now it is back to the same glitch/crash. Any ideas?

::edit::
    Also the back line will come on very dimly when i press the screen.
    Last edited by theshin2007; 04-28-09 at 08:11 PM.
    04-28-09 08:08 PM
    I would suggest completely wiping the phone, then re-install which ever os you want to use. If that doesn't work I would take it back and get a new phone but make sure to do a backup before hand and if you do take it back make sure to downgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 08:32 PM
    how do i wipe it?
    04-28-09 08:55 PM
    It sounds like hardware problem

04-28-09 09:06 PM
    I would suggest taking the biggest hammer you can find and repeatedly hit this pos storm as hard you can. That is the only fix for this $200 paperweight. Worst 200$ I ever spent. I don't mean to be negative but it is true. Got it like 2 days after it came out in Nov. On my 4th one. Tried to be patient and work through the issues but I have ran out of patience. Worst phone I have ever owned. I like the concept and slot of the things you can do with it ,but 3/4 of the time it. Will not work without looking up and it is just a very frustrating device. And now I am stick with it for 2 years. Anyhow I will get off my rant now. Just had to vent my frustrations. I know slot of people feel the same way. Hope my suggestion helps.

04-28-09 09:48 PM
    as i got it as a gift and dont have the funds to buy a different phone, that isnt an option i can look into right now However, i did just go by the store, and they are sending me a new one in 2 days. Problem solved. Do you guys think it was .132 that did it or do you think it was just on the fritz and upgrading was a coincidence?? (it was acting kinda funny the last few days and i decided to upgrade it thinking it might resolve the problem) On another note i found that .132 was really fast and responsive before my storm passed away.
    04-28-09 10:46 PM
    It could be hardware or an app that does not behave, using themes? Themes + Bad App = Unstable Storm, i installed an app not for the storm and it created havoc, you know those tv lines in horror shows where the tv goes fuzzy, it was random all the time, switching from portrait to landscape etc, it would lag with the nice view until whatever changed.

I removed apps not designed for the storm, only installed official released apps and the problem went away.

My suggestion to test it? As already said, Wipe the phone, put on whatever OS .122 or .132, no strange apps or themes and see how it goes, if all is good, narrow down the favorite app thats giving you the problem. i.e install an app, wait for a day... 1 day after the suspected app is installed and it starts again, volia!
    04-29-09 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD